Chapter 23- Glass

Start from the beginning

"You were wrong." I turn my full body to her and stop walking, she does the same. Before she responds I put a finger up. "No, let me finish. You were wrong to do that without talking to Maggie first. Maggie had trusted you to stay and protect Beth, but you failed to do so. It was not your call. As a human, not someone who hates every atom on your body, as a human, I am telling you that what you did was disrespectful to Maggie, Hershel, and anyone else in Beth's family. Yes, she made her choice, but the way she did it was not the right way." Andrea nods slightly. 

"Well, I'm gonna tell you that you are wrong." I sigh and straighten up. "Nah, I can't. Fuck this. I can't be nice to you when you're a walking cunt." I turn and walk forward, leaving her. 

Just as I walk away, my dad and Rick come back. Everybody runs out to make sure they're all right. There's blood splattered all over them. "Jesus H. Christ dad, what the hell happened to you?" Him and Rick look at each other. 

"That piece of shit in the trunk jumped us. Made a herd of Walkers go after us." Rick responds, looking around. Alyssa speaks up, "I thought you got rid of him?" 

"He saved us too." Shane says. It's silent for a moment. "So... what are we going to do with him?" Dale asks, looking around. 

I walk down to the barn to bring Daryl lunch, he's been interrogating this guy for a few hours and I assume he's hungry...and partly because I want to see what's going on.

I knock on the barn door and slowly open it. Randall-the guy being interrogated, is tied up and laying on his side on the ground. He's got a swollen eye and blood on his nose, cheekbone, and lip. 

Daryl looks at me, "I thought you may want some food. 'prolly been a few hours since you ate." Randall looks at both of us, "I-I haven't eaten for two days!" He whimpers. 

"Okay?" I say, setting the plate of food down on a chair near Daryl. I turn and make eye contact with Randall. He looks me up and down, "Why can't she interrogate me?" Daryl's eyes harden, he delivers a hard kick to the gut, Randall screams out in pain. I flinch slightly at the though of the pain.

I crouch down in front of him, "I ain't interrogating you because I'd be doin' a hell of a lot worse than this." He looks at me, "You can do no wrong." I exhale and stand up. I pretend to turn to walk away but I stomp on his nose, the sound of his nose cracking fills the air. 

A trail of thick, crimson snow leaks out of his nose and trails down his neck, finding solitude in his shirt.

I smirk, "Damn. I miss being in that gang." Randall whimpers but doesn't respond. "Have fun." I say, nudging Daryl's shoulder and walking out of the barn. 

As I close the door, I hear Daryl. "Don't ever-" He throws a punch at Randall's cheekbone. "Talk about Adrian like that!" One more. 

I smile and close the door fully; I hear one more punch land and I walk away. 

Once I find my way back to the camp, everybody looks at me-the smirk still present on my face. 

I look around, "Your boy Randall said some perverted shit about me." I take in everyone's look of fear, anger? "Daryl took care of it... me too but not as much." 

Nobody responds, Lori just skims over the statement. 

"So what'chu gonna do?" She asks, pouring coffee into a cup. "We'd all feel better if we knew the plan." "Is there a plan?" Andrea asks. "We gonna keep him here?" Glenn questions, looking at me, not Rick. 

I look around and shrug, "Why you askin' me?" He quickly looks at Rick. 

"We'll know soon enough." Rick answers, looking at my dad then back at everyone. 

Footsteps approach, Daryl comes into view. His hand is bloodied and a little swollen and his jaw is clenched. 

"Boy there's got a gang, thirty men." He says, walking up to us. They got heavy artillery and they ain't lookin' to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. Our women they're gonna- they're gonna wish they were." Daryl looks directly at me as he says that last part. 

"What did you do?" Lori asks. Daryl looks at his bloodied knuckles, "Had a lil' chat." 

"No one goes near this guy." Rick orders. "Rick, what are you gonna do?" Lori looks at him. Rick sighs, "We have no choice. He's a threat." He looks around, "We have to eliminate the threat." 

"You're just gonna kill 'im?" Dale asks, appalled. I roll my eyes, he's not gonna survive if he's this soft. 

"It's settled. I'll do it today." Rick says, walking away, Dale follows him.  

Damien looks around, "You guys normally kill people?" He asks me. I smirk, "Would you run?" Damien chuckles, "Not from you." 

Alyssa giggles and covers her mouth. I scoff and rustle her hair, "Go away." She smiles and runs off, probably going to find Carl. "Stay away from the barn!" I yell after her. "You got it!" 

I smile and turn to Damien.  He nods at Dale walking over to us, "What's he want?" I shrug, "'Prolly tryna' convince us to not kill that guy or whatever." 

Dale finally approaches us, I turn to him and put my hands on my hips. "What?" I ask, sighing. "You're okay with this?" He asks. I groan loudly, "I don't have a say, but yes. He's a perv. I would rather kill 'im than be worried about Alyssa being around some man." Dale looks at Damien, "You're okay with this? You seem civil!" 

Damien shrugs, "I've been here for like two weeks, I don't have a say in anything." "Your opinion matters!" Dale exclaims, desperately trying to get us to agree with him. 

"Dale, listen. If you can't handle someone being killed, you ain't gonna survive in this world." Dale stands up straight, "Adrian, I thought you would be the one to listen to me." I laugh once and then look at him, "I was in a gang and did drugs. How many people do you think I've already killed?" Dale's eyes widen, he clenches his jaw. "Fine." And with that, he turns and walks away. 

Damien looks at me with a smirk, "You were in a gang?" "I swear I told you that." He smiles, "Probably. I just don't remember." I scoff and nod, "Alright then." 

Damien adjusts the red, Red Socks hat on his head and looks around. "You're not worried that Alyssa got into trouble?" He asks. "Nope, she's a goody-too-shoes."