[20] What if. . .?

Jyp Int. School
Cafeteria
11:46am

↪Hyunjin's pov↩

     "Jeongin, Jeongin, Jeongin?" Chan repeatedly snapped his fingers, with the others colliding with the table, creating a light thud that's hardly audible in this rowdy lunchroom.

Changbin, Minho and I, all looked at him, waiting for nothing in particular. Chan is notorious for claiming he knows someone, called their name and then proceed to say he can't remember them.

"Does he have black hair?" He spoke after snapping, like that's a ritual to recall his lost memory. I nodded to that, not really feeling enthusiastic about his epiphany– cause that's more than half the guys here.

"He has a super cute smile and looks like a desert fox?"

"Yeah," Jolting in my sit, I sat up straight, my gaze pinned on Chan who had a proud smirk on. "You know him?"

"Of course," The black haired nodded.

"Well, that's a first," Minho remarked, and I think at this point, it's really not necessary to talk about how he's always on his phone. He looked over at Chan, with lazy, disinterested eyes as if silently prying.

"Wait, I also know that kid," Changbin butted him, also sitting straight. The daze that once smeared on his face left and was now replaced with a scrawl. "He's trouble."

"I don't know? He looks sweet. . ." I trailed off, thinking about the little time I was with him. "When he's smiling, though."

"Don't worry, he's okay, he texted me yesterday."

"No one asked?" Minho– who got disconnected for a second– irked a brow at the older, probably wondering why he said that.

Chan glowered at him. "He just told me he was back in town. His aunty had a severe injury and he needed to be there," he explained.

"Oh? Now he's sticking with Ryu every single damn time," Huffing, I relaxed on my seat, crossing my arms. Its only been like a day, but I feel like we haven't been talking at all.

"Speaking of," Chan smirked, wiggling his brows as he scooted closer to me. "When do we meet this Ryu?"

"No, not ever!"

"You do realize we go to the same school? I could just snap my fingers and bam, I'd know exactly which Ryu~"

"Don't call her that," I snapped at Minho, but he only laughed, ruffling my hair.

"But when? Who knows, we might be seatmates, don't wanna hit on your girl," Changbin hid how amused he was when I scrawled at him.

"She's not my girl. . ." I reprimanded, looking up at Chan to stop whatever he was about to say. ". . .and don't say 'yet'."

Chan snapped his fingers, sipping his drink.

"Hey Hyunjin, I'm about to be that guy and say, how you ever consider the fact that. . ." Minho heaved out. "What if she doesn't feel the same way?"

Actually I've never thought about that, I've always been trying to know how I feel, first. And if there's anything, I don't want Ryujin to feel uncomfortable, I like how it is now.

But what if she doesn't? What if she hates being around me? Does she think I'm boring? And Jeongin is fun? That's why she's happier around him? What if. . .? What if. . .?

"Don't scare him," Changbin hung his arm on my shoulder, shaking me out of my thoughts. "I'm sure she likes you too, you're a nice guy, good looking too. Unless you're mean to her?" He gave me a suspicious glare.

"No, I promise I'm not," Frantically waving my hands, I tried to clear out any mist of doubt that might be lingering in their minds.

They just nodded, proceeding to ask more questions, which I clearly didn't wanted to answer.

★. . . . .★

   "Hwang, guess what I found out from Jeongin," Ryujin effused the moment she ran up to me, a bright beam on her face.

One that was contagious, causing me to instantly smile too. But that didn't last long as my eyes trailed their way to where Jeongin stood, he creased his brows and I immediately realized that he's not too fond of me.

Great, the feeling is mutual.

"We have only three days left until we report to Mrs Bak. You know we need to paint something, to prove that our teaming up was a success, right? These three days are our last chance to. I've been working on something, but its a surprise. Hey, have you started yours? You can tel-"

"Ryujin," She flinched when I held her hands. Heaving out sighs, the ravenette calmed down. "No nervous ramblings, okay?"

She just nodded, looking away from me.

"She never listens," Jeongin shook his head. "Except I get punched rather than a timid nod."

"Hey, those punches are soft and carries love," Ryujin turned to him, placing both hands on her hips.

Love? She means platonic love, right?

"Ah yes, remember that one love punch that gave me a black eye? I have to cover it up with make up."

"You annoyed me, okay? And I said I'm sorry, like hundred times."

"Ninety nine, you still owe me an apology."

I just watched as they interacted, biting my lower lip and playing with my knuckles. By now my mind had danced away from them, the argument becoming a blur.

"Right Jinnie?" Ryujin's voice brought me back to reality. I nodded, not sure of what the question was. "See? He knows I'm right."

Jeongin started fighting back, but that didn't matter, I couldn't hear him over the sound of my own heart working overtime. Did she just call me Jinnie? Wow.

That feels nice.

----------• ° -💙- ° •----------

Hints
- nervous??
- drunken kiss

Anyways hi, how are you?
Pls vote and comment

Thanks
Cya💚