48 | R E A S O N

Mulai dari awal

"And you," The original vampire leans down low, his hands encircling her stomach, as he pressed a loving kiss against the top of her pregnant belly "My little princess."

"Now, getting back on track." Evie says with a soft smile before nodding over towards the boy who still appears to be lost in deep thought, "What I was going to say was, can you talk to him?" she questions hopefully.

Niklaus's eyes widen in surprise. "Me?" he speaks out feeling a sudden rush of nervousness. Talking wasn't his strong suit, discussing his feelings wasn't easy for him to do, unless of course, they were about Evie.

He knew that she would never force him to do something he didn't want to do. However, the flicker of sadness in her eyes as she looked towards the young boy made his heartache, he always hated when she was upset and would try everything he could to get her to smile again.

"Yes, you." she chuckles, "He needs someone who understands him," she mutters, her voice filled with empathy and concern.

She could feel his emotions, in fact, she could feel everyone's emotions, but it still didn't mean she would understand what they were going through just how they felt about the situation.

Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion "Darling, you'll need to do some explaining, Wolfie as you like to call him is still asleep, not until we find a way to break the curse." He states not understanding why his wife asked him out of Everyone.

"No that." Evie shakes her head, clarifying her point. "I mean the anger and frustration. You know how easy it is for us to control sometimes." She explains hoping he could offer guidance or support to the young wolf who seemed to be struggling.

"Oh," Niklaus blinks in understanding, slowly nodding his head. "Fine. But no promises." He says pointing his finger at her with a smirk.

Although he was still unsure about his ability to connect with the young boy for Evie, he was willing to give it a go or just maybe he had grown fond of the boy as well.

Cheekily smiling at her husband, Evie turns around to walk back to the house. However before she continues, she pauses and calls over her shoulder "Oh and Nik, hopefully soon I can play fetch with Wolfe." She giggles running back into the house.

"Fetch?" Niklaus exclaims, his eyes widening in disbelief at what his wife had been thinking about. Yet he couldn't help but feel his lips twitch upwards into a smile as he heard her giggles in the distance.

Turning back towards the young boy, Niklaus takes a deep breath, bracing himself for the conversation ahead. Silently mouthing the words 'For Evie.', reminding himself of the reason he's doing this.

"Awfully quiet today, huh?" Klaus says crossing his arms over his chest. "Especially for a Hale, no pranks today either." He comments, always amused by the boy's mischievous tricks.

"Having a day off,." The young Peter Hale states shrugging his shoulders.

Niklaus chuckles, scratching his chin. "I must admit, I though you would be better liar than this." His tone filled with fake disappointment.

Rolling his eyes, Peter turns towards the original vampire. "What do you want." His voiced laced with a sharp Edge.

"To talk." Niklaus sighs "I heard what happened today."  He was well aware how delicate he would have to be, brining up the topic about what happened.

He had been in the same situation many times before, anger is a powerful emotion and sometimes it can make you snap without meaning too.

"Fantastic," Peter dryly chuckles, "Feel free to join the rest of the town, they would have probably heard about it by now too." His voices laced with sarcasm.