Chapter XX

Corrine.

Fuck that stupid lycan. Lowering my gaze to the weight on my thighs specifically the head comfortably laid upon them. Erin. His eyes were closed obviously facing the ceiling, his face relaxed but intimidating at the same time.

I can't help myself but trace his features, his face, his jaw his cheekbones, the way his dreads were flopped over my thighs.

Some part of mih had , had longed to see him but as soon as the weird feeling came it vanished.

What does this guy want with mih? Can't he tell that I don't feel anything for him?

But then again Aria is mated to him and am intertwined with her meaning he's also my mate. My heart clenched at the bitter truth, my face scrunching turning and looking at the shelf of alcohol but not really seeing anything.

He's my mate. Well not directly but indirectly. Am a mere host of his mate, so am linked to him somehow.

Involuntary my gaze fell back on him, the couch somehow fitting his large frame, barely. His feet hanging out, his arms crossed looking more comfortable than a person lying in a King sized bed, which I know he owns.

I can't deny it but this man is hot. Dangerously handsome.

Looking back at his face, catching my breath immediately my lower lip in between my teeth catching the gasp in my throat, his red eyes stared back at mih.

They held no emotions in them, just basically stared at mih studying my features like I'd done but more blankly. Watching him study mih.

This is the only time he'll get to be this close to mih, and I know am lying but fuck it, I'll tell myself anything to excuse as to why am letting this guy check mih out so closely. And as to why am staring at him like some enchanted statue.

For the first and last time, this man has captured my attention, am admitting it. With basically no intentions behind it. What I hope is that I don't get ,in the slightest, curious about this dude.

Focusing back on him, he's gaze was still on mih, looking at something that's really not that interesting.

"Why you staring so hard?" My blabber mouth, raising a bow while at it. If I remember correctly this nigga said I wasn't pretty.

"Why shouldn't I?"  Ooh the answer a question with a question.

"Why should you?"

"Because you're beautiful. Because I can. Because whether you like it or not your mine. Mate." I hated hate it, hate how my heart suddenly pounded at his admission. How the blood in my veins rushed in different directions and the sickening twist of my insides.

Struggling to keep my face blank since his stare is penetrating. Like he's awaiting a reaction which am basically holding it in. You'll get nothing from mih.

He smirked suddenly up at mih , his eyes shining like he got what he wanted.

"Get the fuck off mih." Ignoring how my voice fluttered. He didn't move, sighing and getting more comfortable on my thighs while am struggling to curb in the heat on my neck that's obviously very much visible.

Silence surroundings us as a warm blanket very much aware of his gaze on mih while mine' is elsewhere.

Why the fuck am I not pushing him away? Why am I so relaxed? Aren't I supposed to be annoyed with this? Then why am I blushing instead?.