Chapter XII

Erin

The confused look in her eyes didn't hide the closed of look in them. It's like she was blocking mih, or blocking herself from feeling mih.

The moment I entered this office her scent welcomed mih and I knew it was her. My mate.  I couldn't help it but sit at her chair knowing that's where her scent was the strongest. Funny how my mate is the same detective that's handling my brothers case.

Corrine Braxton.

That explains why I felt a rush through mih at the name last night.

When I felt her presence behind the door, her scent hitting mih like a rush of wind as the door opened and in that tight outfit she was clad in I was lost. Nevi was a pinch closer to losing it and I would have been right there with him. The desire she invoked in mih if only...

The chief excused himself after waiting to see if she would be alright, and on the other hand Kent stared at mih trying to figure out what I was on about but my face was blank and a concrete wall on mind link.
He has a mean poker face that takes a while to figure out but mine he can't even prick to figure out.

He sighed heavily before heading out, closing the door behind him.

My eyes slid to Corrine only to be met with angry ones. The intensity in them. Damn.I stared back not blinking.

This is my mate.Her courage was sexy.

"Am not giving up this case and am not working with you either." She snapped at mih her eyes shining.
I love those eyes, officially.

Tilting my head to the side not saying a word, half of mih is thrilled that I once again found my mate the other part is not so happy in the situation.
One part is proud that my mate is a well known detective, a good one at that and the other is not, due to the danger that could be lurking concerning this case.

But one thing is for sure, I won't let any harm come to her even if am sure she can handle herself.

" I'm not asking you to give it up, all I want is for you to lay back a bit and let mih handle everything, you'll get the glory publicly of course." I just need her to not be involved with this shit, if those things are after my family they could definitely attack my mate.And I wouldn't want that, nobody would. It would be costly and she would be a distraction.

"Are you judging my capabilities." Her beautiful eyes widen in wonder. Anger clear in them.

"Nope. I wouldn't do such a thing," leaning closer to her, so sexy when angry. " I don't want you to get caught up in this, "

"Am not just a pretty woman, I can hold up my own shit." She barked back at mih. Imitating the posture, bringing our faces closer.

"Your not pretty." I muttered, inaudibly. "What??" Her eyes widen.

"It's either you back off the case or you work with mih." I diverted.
The first conversation with my mate and we are arguing and am already tired of talking.

"Am not doing either." She stated convinced.

" Okay." I stood up fixing my coat and walking around the desk.

Walking away from her before I do something, leaving her confuse to where I stand. Halting before the door  then going back.

I failed I couldn't resist.

Seeing that she hadn't moved an inch. Moving closer to her, leaning closer and caging her in her seat and the desk from behind.

My nose found its way on her neck skimming with the tip of my nose, I took a deep breath, taking in her addictive scent not in the slightest missing how she froze, her heart pumping a million miles and hour.
Ignoring her reaction,