Chapter III

. Corinne

I pulled up at the hospital morgue killing the engine.
I stepped out locking the door behind me making sure all the doors are locked properly.

I walked towards the hospital entry shipping through the hallway like a snake, no sound beneath my feet with every step , I turned into the hallway that leads to the double doors of the murder victim bodies.

I showed the man who was at reception my badge,
"Body of Alfonso Magnus." I stated.

The man didn't even flinch but surprise shown in his eyes not believing that a I got this case because it was all over the news.

I just stared back. Unblinking.

I guess seeing dead bodies for most of your life, did nasty things to you .

He just nodded, grabbed keys from under the counter turning without a word towards the open door.

I didn't need papers of approval to see his body because I know for a fact that the chief contacted him beforehand and second the guy new me.

I followed behind the man. The smell of death and an overwhelming smell of sodium carbonate filled the room.

He went toward a cubicle, opening it with one of his many keys, don't even know how he does that but he knows every key to every cubicle like a wizard and he's a human.

He opened it revealing a body covered in a white cloth, he uncovered it , face almost burnt beyond repair.

He then turned and left mih in the middle of the room with dead bodies.

I came to look at the body to see if they missed anything and confirm what is written in the single report.

I stepped closer to the body, pulling the body out using it's stretcher to get a good look at it then removed the cloth fully, good thing they wore him an underwear.

I looked at him carefully, ticking all the bruises that matched the ones in the file in my office.I went closer to the body and inhaled deeply, but thanks to my lycan I could identify the being.

Human

Guess it, no she comes in handy.
Wolves can't determine the species of dead people but lycans can.

I still can't believe am a lycan now.

I looked at the parts that that were stubbed at it seems like ... They were burnt to keep them from shedding to much blood.They could have used a blowtorch, but it seems they used a metal or something.

Why didn't they indicate this in the file?

I turned and took the gloves that were kept at the compartment near the door and wore them.I need a closer look at this human. As far as I know the Magnus family is a werewolf lycan family.

I got closer to him suddenly excited to figure this out.Good thing I decided to check his body out myself. Can never trust flimsy reports.