Chapter IV

Erin

I alighted the black car, closing the door with a bang.
I knew one of my men was following me, or rather watching if there are any people who are following me.

Only one person would have the guts to follow mih here, and not abiding to my order. It should have irked mih if I didn't know who it was, he was simply keeping his promise to my brother and me. He knew I knew that he was there and we both didn't acknowledge it, that was how it always was.

Adjusting my glasses on the bridge of my nose and straighted my white trench coat.

I entered the hospital , and went straight to the reception.
She stared at me , every kind of emotion passing through her eyes,her heart missing a bit then racing, then smelt fear accumulate the small waiting area.

"Mmm I feel good." My lycan,Nevigh, said satisfied. I just ignored his narcistic furry ass.

I looked at the receptionist, good thing she can't see my eyes , I know she would shit her pants.
"Where's the morgue?" I asked, my voice coming out hard and in monotone.

Before she could answer I walked away when I smelt the sodium carbonate, where dead bodies were kept. Taking a few turns, ignoring the stares following my large form, and the few wolves who bowed to me. After a few minutes I reached the source of the smell.There was this man at the small counter, he stood up instantly.

"How can I help you?" He asked, not knowing what I am but knowing who I am and intimidated by me.

"Body of Alfonso Magnus." Stating the words instead of asking. Hearing his gulp and his blood rush to his heart.
I wonder how his afraid of me when his surrounded by death and freezing bodies all the time.

He just grabbed the keys from under the counter and went toward the double doors. Not asking why I haven't used the right protocol. The Allãsson know mih as the Lycan King but the human know mih as the Black Australian Mafia Lord.

I followed silently, appreciating the silence, blocking out his racing heart . He went straight to a cubicle and opened it, revealing a body.
Seems like his been here for a while, knowing the key to it like a wizard but his human scent saying otherwise .

"You have ten minutes,.." I glared at him and he shut his mouth immediately rushing out, like a dog with it's tail between his legs.

I walked closer to my dead brothers body and just stared at it, removing my glasses and putting them in my pocket. My hands in my jeans pocket and continued staring, my thoughts running wild. Who even had the guts to touch my brother, an Alpha. Having heard how his body was found barely a day ago, I immediately took a flight here. Once my feet touched California soil, the bond I shared with my brother became apparently lost.  Taking a step closer to him, his lycan scent was already lost but...

Then I cought a different scent on him, a very faint scent like it wasn't there a breath away from disappearing leaning closer, my eyes fluttered closed , the scent invading and consuming my senses. The loss of my brother flying away from my brain, feeling Nevi settling down too.

I suddenly felt calmness that I haven't felt in a long while.I definitely look like a creep sniffing a dead body.

That isn't his scent. It's one that has already imprinted itself in my heart like a vice in less than second. Shaking my head when it got consumed by the formaldehyde.

Pulling the cubicle further out , ripped the sheets off him, taking a few seconds to study the torture implemented on him, the more I saw the more vivid the veins in my neck became noticeable. Gulping my anger down, wrapping the sheets around him I lifted his limp body and put it on my shoulder, without breaking a sweat I walked out with heavy steps, putting on my shades back on, my red eyes would cause a freezy. Normally I wore contracts but it slipped my mind, my red eyes are bloody red by how furious I am. Stepping out the guy stood up and came closer  with hurried steps and wide eyes looking frantic.