Chapter XIV

Erin.

"I'm not your Queen."

"I'm not your mate."

" Good luck in finding your mate."

Her words rung again in my mind, Nevi had gone silent, not altering a word to mih, neither did I say a thing but we both made a silent agreement to get her in one way or another.
Her words hurt, Nevi had even whimpered at her words but wanting her was stronger that her heavy hateful words.

Why did she even deny being my mate? I knew she felt the pull, the warmth beneath my touch, the invisible string that attached our souls together, how can she resist that?

Sighing knowing am already losing my priorities. She is occupying my thoughts which shouldn't be the case, I should be focused on my dead brother, but here I am losing my notions over a woman who denys my existence.

As shifters souls being attached grows stronger the more the two spend time together, building their trust and love, at least that's what I've heard. Some King I am. But this attraction, the invisible attachment towards her seems to grow every time I see her and I don't know why.

The way those blue eyes seem to wrap mih up and tung mih towards her is both enticing and thrilling.

But I can't forget the cold look in those eyes that are becoming the best sight in my eyes, the glare she sent mih was deadly and also promising. The way she said she isn't my mate were said in such a way that she did believe I wasn't her mate. I could literally feel the battle in those eyes, her getting away from my touch literally not acknowledging mih. It's like she knew I was but also certain I wasn't.

Fuck now am confused as her.

"Bro.???" Kent shouted at mih and I looked at him in irritation, a glare set on my face.

" Do you have to always shout? I'm right here." I stated annoyed with his loud voice.

" Yes I'm right here yet you haven't answered when I called you for the past few long ass minutes." He stated sarcastically. I just stared at him not admitting I was lost in my thoughts.
He stared back waiting for mih to deny what he was saying but I didn't looking away.

" What do you want Kent, am attending the fucking meeting with the Craine's what else do you want?"

" What happened when I left you with your mate?" My head snapped towards him, seeing the curiosity in his eyes. My lips turned down.

" Mind your damn business." I snapped vividly remembering the rejection I didn't want to think about. I wanted to think of a way to get her to mih but I was drawing out black. I've never dated so I don't know this shit.

Opening the door of the black car and exiting noticing we had arrived at the Craine company for a meeting that Alfonso was handling, a project that I had gone to see for myself and I ended up seeing my detective mate.

Huffing putting on my shades while walking into the reception. Only to halt as I get a wimph of her scent before shaking my head. Getting the hallucination out of my head.

" My King. Welcome to Craine enterprise." Mr Craine gave a single bow of his head as he appeared out of nowhere. Stuffing my hands in my pants pocket I nodded at his greeting.

" Are we late?" I questioned. I valued my time, don't waste my time and I won't waste yours.

" No. But the meeting will start in a few." He stated. " Morning." He directed behind mih, knowing Kent had already attached himself to his 'supposedly' post, I didn't even acknowledge his stubborn curious self.