Chapter VIII

Corrine

Getting to the office about two hours late, avoiding meeting chief on the way to my office, not wanting him to ask mih questions. The worst part,.I have nothing,absolutely nothing.

Knowing that am stalling but I didn't care, just needing a minute to recoup.
Still clutching the book close to mih, my keys on the other hand and my phone in my jacket pocket.

Sitting down, opening my lower drawer using my own key, placing the book inside, tracing the craving on top of the cover lightly, jolting and closing the drawer with a thud when my door opened roughly.

Startled, angry that once again my office has become public toilet. Clicking my tongue, not even trying to mask the annoyance displayed on my face when my eyes met chiefs eyes.

"You better remove that look off your face, your late." He groaned at mih, taking a seat. The look on my face not flattering a bit. I've had it up to my neck with people.

Rolling his eyes at mih, " Did you find anything yesterday at the burial?" He continued asking, ignoring my annoyance.

At the mention of yesterday, my head fell back, those red eyes flashing in my mind, instead of finding a clue to the murder all I found was more problems and a 'mate.'

Composing myself "There was literally nothing." I replied, my voice serious, not giving away any sign that I bolted out of there early.

He sighed irritated. "What do you mean you found nothing? Nothing?? No suspicious people? " I shook my head at his questions.
"What about that brother of his? Did you find out why he buried his brother so quickly?" If he had any hair he would be pulling at it right now.

Once again flinching at the mention of him. "People were saying that in his family they bury them after a day, they don't let them lay around uselessly." I can't believe I just lied to my mentor. It's not like it's the first time I've ever lied, but to him is very rare, and I guess this is one of those times and besides it's partially the truth.

He groaned again, " This high end people sure has some weird traditions." He commented, standing up from his seat, "What will you be working on right now?" He asked pocketing his buff hands.

"I'll go and check where he was seen last and with whom, and also why he wasn't reported missing." At least am in tune with this music. It's basic but I gotta start from somewhere.

And I won't only rely on Liam for information, I got some moves up my sleeves.

Nodding at mih and wishing mih good luck ignoring the disappointed look on his face then walking out the door not forgetting to close the door behind him.

Signing and slouching against the backrest. I need to get a move on this case or it will be as complicated.
And I wouldn't want to have chief second guessing giving mih this case, so I gotta get a move on it.

Blocking all my feelings and problems. I guess Evy and I know how to block alot of things. I got up and decided it's time I pick up some debts.

Fixing the keys ,that I had tightly held in my hand, in my jacket, picking up my car keys, patting my jacket to feel my phone then picking up my note book then leaving the office after locking it behind mih.

I drove to a certain hospital which took about twenty minutes. It wasn't a big hospital,with a two floor structure and about more than twenty five rooms. It was basically a well known hospital.

Making my way in the hospital and finding the only door that was white. The colour of the hospital was the lightest shade of blue and mixture of black. Reid said he wasn't the typical doctor who would torture his patients with a blinding color which is of course ,white.