𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚘𝚗𝚎

Victoria*

I woke up tightly wrapped against Marc, i remembered i texted Charles yesterday, he was probably still mad at me. Honestly for no reason.

I got out of Marc's arms and took my phone. No massages. Fucking hell is he for real? Why he's still mad?

My eyes filled with tears as i tried to be as quiet as i can but i can't help about it.
Marc woke up slightly, seeing me crying again.

"Vicky, what's wrong?" He asked sleepy.
"Charles." I let out a sob. "He is still mad."
"Don't upset yourself. Come here." He tried to hug me but i stand from the bed.
"I just..need some time alone. Can i take your jacket?" I asked him trying to wipe my tears.
"Yeah, but please don't go anywhere. I'm worried for you." He said with a soft voice, making me calm.
"I won't." I forced a smile.

My gaze slided to my suitcase, i didn't used many different clothes for the past days but something different got my attention.

My monkey.

Charles got it to me when he signed for Ferrari. Seeing it now only make my heart heavy and i felt really bad.

"Vicky? What are you looking at?" Marc asked confused. I sat on the floor and took the monkey from the suitcase.

I hugged it gently, i wanted to hug Charles like that also. God.

"Vicky?"
"Charles gave me this."
"I'm sorry about that Vicky, i feel bad watching you like that." He said getting out of the bed and coming by my side.
"It's fine. Me and Charles argued many many times for at least 20 years." I tried to convince myself that everything is gonna be okay.

***

We arrived at the track, I was fully focused on today. I wanted to put all my anger and sadness into passion for what i love.

I went to Ben so we can discuss everything, Marc was also busy so nothing was distracting me in any way.

"I can see you are mad at something, but still sad for something. What's up?"
"Me and Charles had an argument." I answered simply.
"Oh Vicky, I'm sorry."
"We'll be fine, stop talking about it. I want to focus." I said seriously.

***

It was time for me to get on the bike, Marc won't be comparing in this practice so I was the only one from the team.

I was ready to give my maximum and be on a good position. For me the practices and the feedback i gave to Ben was really important.

Marc approached me with smile, i return him a small one and focused again.

"Good luck Vicky, be safe." He pressed a kiss to my forehead.
"I will." I said and sigh.

***

I went on the track, my eyes were flashing with passion, my heart was beating fast.

I managed to overtake few ridders but now the lap only matters.

I was riding very aggressively but i like it. It makes me feel amazing. I don't even think about what can happen. I felt amazing.

Marc*

"Mate...she is driving very aggressively." I looked at Santi and he nod.
"She keeps balance and pace, it's fine Marc. She knows what she's doing." He assured me, but i wasn't sure. She was making good times because of how aggressive is her driving. But she was scaring the shit out of me with this.

I focused on Santi's notes for a brief moment just to calm myself down, i felt how my chest was only getting tighter, watching her ridding like that.

Few seconds later i heard loud gasping from everyone. I looked up and saw Vicky falling off her bike, sliding through the ground for at least a minute before stopping and hitting herself in her bike barley.

"Mate..." i tapped Santi and he looked up.

I felt my breathing getting heavier, i looked at Ben and we shared the same worried looks. It wasn't looking good.

"It's not looking good. She's barely moving." I heard Santi saying.
"Don't fucking say that! She's gonna be okay." I said angrily, she was looking like she's in so much pain. I finally saw a medical team approaching her and i let out a shaky breath.

They transferred her to the ambulance, i looked at Santi, clearly wanting to know in which hospital they are taking her.

***

Victoria*

I woke up on a hospital bed, i only remember falling off my bike then it's all black. Everything was hurting. I sighed and looked around.

Marc, Ben and Santi rushed in the room.
Everyone were visibly scared for me.

"Vicky! Don't ever do that again! Fuck, i was so scared!" Marc spoke sitting next to me. I only nodded, i was too tired to speak, and if i speak i will speak French so it's better if I don't.
"French?" Ben asked me but i shook my head, i don't wanted to speak. "Did anyone of my family knows?" Ben shook his head but took his phone to call some of them.

I held Marc's hand in mine, so he can know I'm fine..

"Charles said he's taking a flight." Ben said and i looked down.
"You'll have time to talk at least." He added.

***

Charles entered my room with a worried look on his face..It made my eyes get teary again.

"Vicky!" He said also with watery eyes.
"Can you leave us alone for a second?" I looked up at everyone and they nod.

***