𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜

Marc*

Vicky was sleeping snuggled into my arm. Even if I don't want to i needed to wake her up.

Today we need to film our first video together. I was honestly exited.

"Vicky, you need to get up." I whisper softly and she smiled.
"Really?"
"We will record a video together today."
"Oh, amazing."

I watched her going out of the bed, dressing up.

"Do a short introduction." One of the filming crew said and Vicky nod.
"Hey guys! I'm Victoria Leclerc and today we are here to-"
"Are you not gonna say who i am?" I laughed.
"Ops!" I shrugged shoulders and smile.
"That's Marc Marquez ladies and gentlemen, my teammate!" I chuckle. "Are you happy now?" She looked at me and i nod smiling.
"So basically today we're gonna answer some questions together, just to know me and Vicky better." I said and she nod.

"First question, for Victoria. How did you got into MotoGP?"
"I got talked with the team before few months, they gave me an opportunity and i took it."
"How does it feel to be the first female in MotoGP?"
"It feels amazing but it makes me little nervous also."
"Do you think you can compare against the men in this sport?"

She blinked twice before answer, why do they need to ask such a deep questions.

"I think I'm as competitive as they are, I'll give my all."
"And do you think you can win a championship?"

She shifted a little,the question got her uncomfortable and insecure. Do they expect her to win a championship straight away?

"Well..erm.."
"She's a woman! She can't win anything! Marc is better than her!" Someone shouted.

She looked dow and sigh.

"I think this was very disrespectful. Yes, she's a woman but what? Will you get surprised if i tell you she beated my times? Or that she didn't crashed on her first time on the bike? Don't underestimate her." I spoke as she look up at me surprised.
"Teammates protection we see!"
"Marc, to you..."

The challenge ended and Vicky and i headed to take some lunch. She was visibly feeling down after the challenge, and i understand her.

"Hey, i know the questions wasn't right but don't think about it. No one actually expects you to win a championship straight away. Don't put unnecessary pressure on you." I looked at her and she sigh.
"It's nothing Marc. It honestly just reminded me of my dad." She lied. I knew she did.

When it was about her father she was different, her body language and voice were different.

It was because of the challenge.

"You sure?" She hesitate but nod.
"Yeah."

We got food for Santi and Ben who were working again as we head to my garage where they usually stay when they do the set ups and the plans.

As we entered Ben scanned Vicky's face and notice something is up. He looked at me and i shook my head mouthing "I'll tell you."

Vicky headed up to her drivers room even if we talked we'll eat with Ben and Santi.

"Marc, what happened to her?" Ben came by my side and i sigh.
"We were doing challenge, they asked her stupid questions like will she win the championship and can she compere to the men."
"Assholes."
"She lied to me Ben, maybe she'll tell you more. Try and talk to her."
"She trusts you if you're afraid of that.."
"I know she do. Maybe in this one she will trust you more." I sigh.
"I don't think so. Go. Me and Santi we'll eat when we finish." I nod and head to her driver's room.

I heard her talking on her phone with someone, sounding pretty upset. I waited for her to finish and knocked on the door.

She opened almost immediately as she expected me to come. Her eyes were teary again. She cried. I wasn't sure for what but she did.

"Talk to me." I whispered putting the food at the table, pulling her for a hug.
"Yes, i lied to you, yes the questions upset me and last but not least Arthur is sick." She sigh resting her forehead on mine.
"You have so much going on in your head..." I whispered and she slightly nod.
"First, don't worry about "lying". Second I know the upset you so i don't want you to listen them. Third, is your brother okay?"
"At least i hope so."
"You're handling everything pretty well Vicky." I told her honestly and she gave me a small smile.
"Oh, believe me it's freaking me out deep down." She laughed.

We went to Ben and Santi to discuss finally the set ups and the stuff for Friday.

Vicky was looking so unfocused..

Victoria*

Deep breath Vicky.

Focus.

"Vicky." Ben softly called me and i looked at him.
"Do you want to have a quick break, you're not looking good."
"Oh, I'm fine. We can continue." I brushed the edge of my nose trying to focus.

Fuck Victoria.

Just focus.

I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath.

"A break will be better Vicky." Ben said handing me a Red Bull.
"What's wrong?" He asked me.
"So much is wrong. Marc is right, there's so much going on in my head right now. I can't even focus." I sighed and took a sip from the Red Bull.
"That's why you need a short break." He patted my shoulder but i shook my head.
"With breaks i won't success." I took back his notebook and continue looking at the multiple numbers and little notes he took.

It took us 2 hours to be finally ready, i wanted everything to be exactly like i said. Ben gladly understood me and everything was fine.

I was exhausted. My head hurts from the whole day, my brain isn't working that fast as always. I wasn't shining as i usually do.

I just wanted to go to the hotel, take a shower and sleep. Marc seemed to want the same as we bumped into eachother.

"You look shit." I laughed and he smile barely.
"You too." He chuckle and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
"Santi is giving you hard time as i see."
"Ben also."

We both laughed and got in the car.

He put Wonderland on the radio and i smiled, another one of my favourites.

Didn't they tell us, don't rush into things, didn't you flashed your green eyes at me.

I singed quietly as he smiled.

His eyes met mine for a seconds before he focused on the road again. A smile crossed my lips.

I was genuinely happy with him.

Like I'm free.

We both took a shower and layed on the bed, it was pretty late and we needed sleep but the million thoughts in my head don't allow me to do it.

Tomorrow my brothers needs to arrive and since Arthur is sick i didn't know if he can come or no.

I was also nervous about that I'll be on the bike again in a practice.

"Vicky..You need to sleep." Marc spoke with sleepy tone wrapping his hand around me pulling me closer.
"I know, I can't." I sigh and he looked at me.

It was absolutely dark in the room but i still can feel his eyes on me.

"What's wrong?"
"I'm just nervous. I want to make my brothers proud."
"They are always proud of you Vicky."
"I really hope so.." i closed my eyes and exhaled.