Chapter 31: Renee Sawyer

Date: February 4th 1983

It was a sunny afternoon here in London. And the young lady Renee Sawyer was opening the doors for her flower business. Renee was a twenty-eight year old woman who had recently moved to London from Tennessee. She moved to England in hopes to boost the growth of her flower business.

She also hired some help, a young college student named Mack, "Renee, where do keep the extra spray bottles"?

Renee walked over, "You should know this by now you've worked here a whole week".

"I know I know it's just-", Mack was cut off by Renee laughing.

"I'm just messing around with ya, there under the big brown table along with all the other extra supplies", Renee pointed.

Mack sighed with relief, "Hey you can't mess with me like that".

"Of course I can I'm you're boss and you're friend, it's like my job to mess with you", Renee said laughing to herself.

Mack picked up an extra spray bottle, "You're hilarious".

"I know I am, now back to work...bosses orders", Renee said with a fake glare and smirk.

Mack rolled his eyes with a laugh, "You got it boss".

"Thank you for shopping with us, come back soon", Renee said to a customer as they left.

"You wanna close up for today", Mack asked?

Renee nodded satisfied, "Think so, we made a couple hundred bucks today and sold almost all we had on display".

"I agree, we did good today, I'll lock...", Mack's words were stopped as someone else walked in.

"Are you guys still open", a woman n asked walking into the shop?

"Oh sorry we we're actually just about to close, would you mind coming back tomorrow", Renee asked the woman?

"Actually I need the flowers for tomorrow, there anniversary flowers for a very...very old couple", the woman said back.

Renee sighed, "Well...I suppose I could put something together for you quickly, what kind of flowers do they like"?

The woman thought out loud, "Oh those old people will appreciate anything, well one more than the other...maybe the darker the better".

Renee looked at all the flowers she had left out that were dark and put them in a bouquet nicely decorated together. She wrote on a card "Happy Anniversary".

"How's this", Renee asked holding out the bouquet to the woman?

She smirked, "It's perfect, I'll take it".

"Great, I'll ring you up over here", Renee said walking over to her cash register.

The woman ran her credit card in the cash register, then it asked her to sign her name on the receipt. She smirked and wrote name...as well as her number, but Renee wouldn't see that until it printed out.

"Alright here's your bouquet and my card, come back anytime", Renee said sweetly.

"Oh I will, these...flowers are stunning", the woman winked before walking out of the door.

Renee looked down at the receipt, "Karina Copeland...wait why did she write her cell number on here too"?

"Did she just ask you out via receipt", Mack asked with a small laugh?

"I don't think she meant to ask me out, maybe she just slipped me her number so we could go get coffee or something", Renee said putting the receipt in her pocket.