Chapter 17: Asa's Awakening

Antony carried Asa back to the Copeland manor trying to think of a good reason to bring home another progeny. He knew Audrey was going to loose it having another person in the house.

Once he made it to the front door he braced himself for the scolding he was about to receive. As he opened the door with his free hand, to his surprise Audrey was telling off Zach for yet another dumb mistake he made.

"I cannot believe you drank all of our blood bags while me and Antony were gone, how could you did you not think that we might need those", Audrey yelled?!

"Honestly no, I didn't, you want me to stop stealing all your food then let me go out and hunt for my own...I know Antony does it", Zach said side eyeing Antony knowing he was ease dropping on their conversation.

Audrey looked to see Antony standing at the door with a young man unconscious over his shoulder, making her get even more angry, "ANOTHER ONE"?!

"Look at this point you should be used to be bringing home new progeny's...but I am sorry that I couldn't exactly tell you about this one, he was stabbed so I, well you know", Antony said setting Asa on the couch.

"Huh well I have no problem with you saving a life but thanks to Zach here we don't have any blood bags for him when he wakes up", Audrey said frustrated.

Antony glared at Zach with a grin, "Don't worry he'll get his punishment for that later, I can always go trance a human and bring them here for him to drain".

"N-No what he's not draining a human as soon as he wakes up", Audrey said.

"Yeah he couldn't because I would drain them before he wakes up", Zach said in a smart tone.

Joshua came walking into the living room, "Who's that on the couch"?

"Fresh meat", Zach said bluntly.

"What", Joshua asked confused?

Audrey rolled eyes, "Antony turned him after some accident or something I don't really know, all I do know is we have no blood to give him for when he wakes...", Audrey was cut off by him opening his eyes and letting out a small gasp, "..up".

Asa looked around the room for a second before looking at Antony, "Antony, w-what happened, why am I on a couch", Asa saw the people looking at him, "And why am I being stared at"?

"Nice to meet you too dickwad", Zach said rolling his eyes.

"Zach stop, hi I'm Joshua, that's Zach, nice to meet you uh...what's your name", Joshua asked?

Antony nodded signaling it was okay, "I-I'm Asa, nice to meet you guys", he gripped he throat, "Wait I sorta remember what happened, something about Antony's blood and vampires, am I on the right track"?

"Yes exactly", Antony sat next to him and Audrey smiled slightly, happy to see him actually taking time to talk to a progeny, "I fed you my blood which as it travels through you, it will save you in any way that it can, so since you were dying it turned you into a vampire, like all of us".

"Wow, cool", Asa said with a smile.

Antony laughed, "I suppose it can seem cool but being a vampire is not always fun, mostly, but not always it definitely has it flaws".

"Maybe I'll finally get a girlfriend", Asa said under his breath, then coughing from the lack of blood, "Ok yep, I think that blood would be great right about now".

The room went silent and they all looked at Asa, "Why are you all looking at me like that"?

Audrey stepped forward, "Hi, I'm Audrey by the way lovely to meet you...but we have a bit of a situation with the blood right now, you see Zach here took it upon himself to drink all of our supply of blood bags in our cellar so we currently don't have any blood in the manor".