Chapter 126: Sibling Reunion

Começar do início

Whatever was left after Straw Hat she would deal with. This was her final test. As all monarchs before her had passed.

Kill the King. Take the crown herself.

They had always called her the prodigy. The best to be born. The strongest. Their future Queen. The one who easily out staged her weak older brother.

Ever since she was five they trained her for her future. She was everything her father wanted her to be. She was everything her mother hated. That's what she has been told.

Tatsu always told her how proud her father was. Especially when she starved for a week and still completed her tasks without complaint or showing any weakness.

Tatsu always told her how strong she was. After she withstood a hundred lashes on her back.

Tatsu always told her how her mother would have hated her. Her mother was weak, and disliked everything cruel, cold, strong.

Tatsu always reminded her about her brother, Taro. He was everything she should never be. Everything their mother loved and doted on.

Yet, the one who would take the throne tonight would not be the first born. It would be the second born. The one who has given her everything for this Kingdom.

She was the one who took the lashings for years. She was the one who starved. She was the one who went through all of her lessons and passed. She was the one who refused to get too close to her life-long bodyguard after the backlash from Taro and Kimiko. She was the one who had fought every obstacle placed in front of her without a single complaint.

A voice called out from behind her. One that broke her stone cold face, even if for a second. One that sent a shiver down her spine.

"Bell?"

Ayami turned, giving herself just enough time to steel her face once more. However, that steel melted when she met the gaze of the individual.

In all of her memories, Taro never had green eyes. They had always been blue, the exact shade of blue that matched the painting of the former Queen. Eyes that matched Sato's exact shade. However, in all her memories her brother had long honey brown hair, and he was always too small for his clothing. His smile never reached his eyes, and he always fell short.

The man in front of her was different. He stood taller, but not like the perfect posture that had been beaten into her. He filled out his clothing. He wasn't dressing in the robes that their family had always worn, instead he wore something more casual. A white button up shirt, which was only buttoned half way, the sleeves to his shirt rolled to his elbows. He wore black pants, something that she has never been allowed to wear. 

The honey brown color remained, but his hair was shorter. Tied back in a low ponytail and ending just inches above his mid-back. A faded red beaten up hat rested in his hands, as he had removed it from his head once he realized Ayami was looking at him. She wondered where he had gotten the hat, as it reminded her of something a pirate would wear in a storybook. His eyes, however, weren't blue. Now they were a deep emerald green, which appeared to glow and glimmer.

This man was not the boy from her distant memories. Yet, he dated to call her by such a name.

"You shall never speak that name down these halls." Ayami bit out.

Satisfaction filled her when shock and hurt filled his eyes. She clenched her hands as she readied herself to attack.

"Bold of you to come back here, Taro." She said, "Piracy too hard to live with?"

He shook his head, not moving to prepare an attack of his own. "I'm here for my children. I've already lost too much time with them, and it didn't matter in the end."

Not able to hold in the anger that was beginning to overflow, Ayami punched the wall beside him. Just narrowly missing his face by half an inch. The stone crumbled into dust upon impact and the building shook. Yet, he didn't move.

"You came back." She spoke calmly now, "For them."

"Yes." Taro answered.

"Lies." She bit back, slamming forward to hit him. Again, Taro didn't move, and allowed the punch to hit his stomach.

"Did you abandon Kimiko too?" Ayami demanded, noticing the missing bodyguard.

"Never." Taro answered simply, seeming unfazed by her attack. An attack that Ayami knew would have killed a normal person.

The answer only made her anger grow.

Ayami had never acted out of emotion. She was always calm, collected. She had always been the perfect princess, the perfect heir. She had never failed a test thrown at her. She has always been perfect.

Yet, she could feel that all falling apart because of the man in front of her.

Taro Kiyomizu, first born child to the royal family. The older brother to her.

The boy that abandoned their Kingdom.

Abandoned her.

..................................................................

End of Chapter 126!

Seems Taro and Ayami have been reunited. Thoughts on Ayami?

This is not edited.