Chapter 9.

******

Stranger's P.O.V.

"You there, red head. Do not panic, you will regain full control of your body in a moment. First, I must warn you of the dangers ahead. The grim reaper approaches, the assassins are revived, someone is going to die, seek the Cubiculum Memoriae (Chamber of Memories).

*****
With a gentle hum, Lambert regained consciousness, his eyelids fluttering open. He was met with the concerned gazes of his classmates, who had gathered in his room. Startled, Lambert quickly stood up, taking in the unexpected scene before him. Naomi, the first to speak, explained the situation.

"Relax, corn flakes. You suddenly passed out, and Liz called us to come help. We brought you back to your room, nice crib by the way" .Naomi explained, her voice laced with genuine concern. Triston nodded in agreement, affirming their intentions were rooted in worry for his well-being.

Lambert was grateful for their support and was about to express his thanks when he took notice of something that made him purse his lips. Both Naomi and Triston were wearing his bathrobes and holding glasses of champagne. It was a reminder of a scenario he had hoped to avoid - the complexities of forging friendships.

Suppressing his unease, Lambert managed a weak smile, doing his best to brush off the awkwardness. "Thank you all for looking out for me. I truly appreciate it," he said sincerely, suppressing any hint of discomfort he felt. Deep down, however, he couldn't shake the apprehension that making friends might bring unforeseen complications.

Lambert tightly crossed his arms, struggling to contain his frustration and withhold his impulse to unleash his powers against his friends. He reluctantly turned to the others, hoping for an explanation, though a wave of regret washed over him almost instantly. It became evident that each of them had taken possession of one of his prized accessories without his permission.

Levy sported one of his beloved hoodies, the fabric hugging Levy's frame instead of Lambert's. Elizabeth wore one of his oversized t-shirts, the garment transforming into a makeshift dress in her smaller stature. Triston audaciously borrowed his cherished golden Rolex, while Dorian had nonchalantly donned his treasured leather jacket, even though it was several sizes too big for him.

The sight of his friends wearing his personal belongings, albeit unwittingly causing him vexation, reminded Lambert the downside of having friends like these.

Soon after, Julius emerged from his bathroom sporting another one of his robes, joining Naomi and Triston on the couch. His presence exuded an air of serene relaxation, as if he had just experienced a rejuvenating spa day. However, their peaceful atmosphere was abruptly shattered by the piercing sound of agonizing screams and the rumble of thunderous commotion echoing from the sixth floor.

*************

Lambert surveyed the scene before him harboring a secret pleasure. His classmates were in disarray, their appearance marked by burnt edges and a faintly crackling aura of static electricity. Each of them murmured remorseful apologies, clearly aware of the situation they found themselves in.

Once Lambert had finished tidying up his belongings, he couldn't help but address the situation with a blend of frustration and curiosity. "Now, can one of you please enlighten me as to what exactly happened?" he asked, his tone reflecting a combination of exasperation and genuine desire to understand.

"It's like Naomi said, you suddenly fainted out of nowhere and we all decided to carry you here," Elizabeth explained, pausing to adjust her hair. Lambert took in her words, realizing that the events he had experienced were indeed real. Someone else knew about the grim reaper - the chilling presence that had been haunting his thoughts.