Chapter 5.

Cullen observed the somber atmosphere in his office as he witnessed the disarray among the academy board members. The recent and mysterious death of Professor Rogers, an esteemed alchemy professor, had left everyone on edge. Even Fredrick, who usually maintained his composure, seemed visibly nervous as he quietly stirred his tea.

As Cullen pondered the implications of this tragic event, he understood the weight it carried for the academy's future. The board's attempts to investigate the murder had been thwarted by the perpetrator's skillful evasion and cover-up, leaving them at an impasse. Even Madam Phillipa's renowned clairvoyance had failed to provide any insights, adding to the frustration and uncertainty.

The truth was, the identity of the culprit seemed to linger unspoken but clearly understood by those present. Perhaps fear or a collective reluctance to acknowledge the unpleasant reality prevented anyone from openly addressing it. Nevertheless, the knowledge of who was behind this heinous act weighed heavy on everyone's minds.

Cullen, understood that the untimely demise of Professor Rogers has cast a shadow over the academy. In times like these, it is crucial for him maintain unity and a clear head to uncover the truth.

He could not forget the grief experienced by Professor Rogers' family, particularly his wife and daughter. Their pain serves as a reminder of the significance of this investigation and the importance of finding justice for their loss.

Reginald, the Paladin, finally broke the tense silence in the room, slamming his fist on the coffee table as he made his bold proclamation. "It was the assassins, the long-forgotten shadow watchers," he vehemently asserted.

"We do not know that, Reginald, the shadows were killed off in the nineteen century, by the last descendant of the Lay-hart bloodline remember", Herald Priscilla interjection brought a different perspective to the discussion,challenging Reginald's assumption.

"It is indeed true that historical records suggest the shadow watchers were believed to have been eradicated in the 19th century. However, we cannot completely dismiss the possibility that descendants or remnants of the shadow watchers may exist and seek vengeance."
Battlemage Lester interjected, earning agreable nods from some of the board members.

"Indeed, the presence of a murderer within the academy is a serious threat that must be addressed swiftly and decisively," Fedrick responded, understanding the imperative nature of the task at hand. "We must deploy all available resources, both internal and external, to investigate this heinous crime and bring the perpetrator to justice."

He emphasized the importance of maintaining the academy's reputation and the trust of the community. "Preserving the academy's reputation is paramount, as any loss of community faith could have far-reaching consequences. It is imperative that we handle this situation with the utmost professionalism, transparency, and dedication."

" I am here to assist you in coordinating resources, gathering information, and any other tasks necessary to ensure a thorough and effective investigation. Together, we can work diligently to restore confidence in the academy and uphold its commitment to safety and excellence".

The board members rallied together under Fredrick's quick reasoning and linguistic skills. Fredrick's contribution had brought clarity to the situation, prompting them to regroup and take decisive action in the interest of the academy and its students.

"Thank you, Fredrick, for your valuable insight and leadership," Cullen acknowledged, recognizing the importance of his role in unifying the board members. "Restarting the investigation is a necessary step to uncover the truth and ensure the safety of the academy."

In light of this decision, Cullen outlined the plan proposed by Fredrick. "It has been decided that interrogating the second-year students who were in Professor Rogers' class will be the next course of action. Fredrick and Madam Phillipa will take charge of the interrogations."