Five: Tit for Tat.

Start from the beginning

We walked outside once we were ready and headed to my car which was parked a little further down the street. Before we fully left off my front porch I checked for my keys and I couldn't find them. I frantically patted down my outfit, it seemed as if I always forgot my keys or was misplacing them. Just as I was about to turn around and head back inside, Chloé's voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Oh so you weren't lying about you and that guy not knowing each other. His girl friend is pretty." She smiled as she pointed across the street. There stood Ezriah and the girl he was fighting with a few weeks ago.

I jumped as I heard my keys fall out of my purse, "There they are." I said but I guess the sound of my keys falling had been heard from across the street because both of their heads turned in our direction.

I can't even lie and say my heart didn't sink to my stomach once I seen them together, I mean we damn near fucked last night and this is what he's doing? I for sure wouldn't be able to do this fling. Nonetheless, the girl was beautiful and overall I was happy for them.

"You okay?" Chloé asked since I had froze up as I bent down to pick up my keys. In all honesty I was just hoping Ezriah didn't see me, because for some reason this was all so embarrassing for me.

"Y-yeah I'm fine let's go."

The car ride to IHOP was quiet, I played some R&B music as we drove but honestly what I just saw clouded my thoughts. I was honestly glad I didn't have sex with Ezriah because the way I felt just off of the head had me rethinking this entire situation. I really thought I would be able to do the situation-ship thing and the way he made it seem, I wouldn't have to be worried about any other females. Which was lie.

What I really wanted to know was when did she get there? Did he text me good morning as she laid right next to him? Did they have sex after we did what we did? A million thoughts ran through my mind as we headed to get food. It clouded my brain so much that everything going on around me felt like a blur and before I knew it, Chloé and I were sitting down to eat.

"You sure you okay Ci?" A concerned Chloé asks.

I contemplated wether or not I should tell Chloé what was going on. She was my sister and told me her deepest darkest secrets, I just didn't want to go too into detail about the situation because I didn't want her to get any ideas.

"Well, the man that we just seen me and him actually do have a little bit of a history." I told her. Which was true after today Ezriah was in the past.

She sucked her teeth as she took a bite of her pancakes. "I fucking knew it Ci! Why didn't you tell me from the get go?"

"Because, it was never anything serious. And today just proved that I'm better off not speaking to him. We clearly want two different things."

Chloé nodded her head as she took in what I just told her. "Explain the situation to me so I can voice my option better."

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Long story short, we want to fuck with each other. But I want a relationship and he doesn't. The only reason why I feel a way about today is because he told me I wouldn't have to worry about any other bitches."

"I get it, it's a respect thing. If he is going to be talking to other females he shouldn't be sitting outside his house knowing you live right across the street."