chapter three

distraction from the distraction

merry christmas!! enjoy this update as a gift from me to you <3

choi soomin

coming to chan's was a bad idea, a very bad idea. the boy actually wanted to study, but i could not take my eyes off the very sexy visual that is lee minho, lazily sat on the couch watching whatever was on the tv. a baggy black tee paired with black shorts that revealed so much of his perfectly toned thighs. not to mention his freshly showered hair laying lazily over his forehead.

i found myself wishing that him and chan would switch lives, the way that chan had chosen to go to school at a later date, explaining how he was older than minho, but still in school. maybe then, i would be studying with minho instead. the boy hadn't even said a word to me, chan stating that he wasn't a big fan of mingling with college 'kids'. which i found quite ironic considering he really wasn't that much older than me. not to mention lots of changbin and chan's friends were younger, and closer to my age.

yet, despite the lack of acknowledgment, i was still drooling over him. loving the way the light from the t.v casted shadows along his perfectly chiseled face. god, what i would give to wrap my thighs around his ears, and grind on his nose and lips.

"soomin." chan's voice pulls me out of my trance, for the millionth time. he had been doing so all night, however, showing no signs of annoyance at the fact.

"hm?" i question, reluctantly tearing my gaze from minho.

"do you think this stuff will be on the test too?" he asks, flipping his textbook over to show me the section he was wondering about.

"soobin and i studied it just in case." i tell him with a nod, instantly dragging my eyes back over to minho. perfect timing as he ran a veiny hand through his wet hair. fuck.

"is minho on the test?" chan questions jokingly, lowering his voice slightly. i chuckle.

"if he was, i'd ace it." i reply, watching the way his chest slowly falls and rises with each breath. everything this boy did was ridiculously attractive. and then he stands up, eyes glued down to his phone as he walks towards us. well, not really towards us, he was going to the kitchen. but we were next to the kitchen. my whole body tenses as he walks by us, not sparing a glance. and fuck as if he couldn't get any better, he smelled heavenly. i nearly had to fight myself from standing up and following him, just to sniff him.

"why does he have to be taken." i whine quietly, earning a laugh from chan.

"you're not the only one who finds him attractive." chan shrugs.

"this is torture. i should have made you come over to my place instead."

"you just need a distraction." he suggests, placing his pen between his teeth.

"he is a distraction." i laugh.

"a distraction from the distraction." he wiggles his eyebrows.

"and what would that be?" i question.

"i have beer in my room."

"getting drunk on a wednesday night?" i cock an eyebrow, amused at his suggestion.

"or you can sit here and whine about how much you can't have him." he nods his head in the direction of minho. of course i turn around to look, the insanely attractive man grabbing a protein shake from the fridge, shaking its contents in his hands before cracking open the lid. i watch in awe has he brings it to his lips, his adam's apple bobbing perfectly as he swallows the drink.

"beer sounds good." i nod, not taking my gaze off of minho.

"good choice." chan chuckles, i hear his chair slide across the tile floor, causing me to look away from minho. "come on." he motions for me to follow him.

"what about our books?" i ask, standing from my chair anyways.

"they'll be here when we get back." he shrugs, now walking away. i look back at minho, my legs nearly giving out as we briefly make eye contact, but he looks away just as fast as it happened.

"beer." i mumble to myself, getting my wobbly legs to work as i follow chan who was now significantly far ahead of me. as i entered chan's room, i plopped onto his bed with a loud sigh. chan chuckling as he opens his mini fridge, pulling out a case of beer.

"no minho in sight, and cold beer." chan says happily, tossing me a can. i frown slightly, sure not having minho in sight was good for my focus, but my eyes definitely missed watching him.

"who is he with, by the way? just out of curiosity." i ask, sitting up on his bed as i crack open the beer.

"some girl named hwayoung." he shrugs. "i don't know a whole lot about her, i've only met her twice."

"how come?"

"he doesn't bring her around often. says she has a pretty demanding job." he explains.

"interesting." i nod.

"hey chan, have you seen my hat?" minho suddenly walks in, my body freezing and eyes widening.

"which one?" chan calmly asks.

"the black and white one, i wore it like two days ago." fuck his voice. could he get any hotter?

"oh, yeah i think it's on my-" chan turns to me, pulling his lips into a thin line as he stares at me with wide eyes. i couldn't figure out why he was looking at me like that. "soomin."

"what?" i ask.

"i think you're sitting on his hat." he mouths a 'sorry' with his lips after he finishes the sentence. my eyes widen in embarrassment as i quickly hop off of the bed, and sure enough, a black and white baseball cap was under me. i quickly grab it, trying to fluff it back up before chan just pulls it from my hands. "here you go." he says, turning back around to minho.

minho glances between the two of us, his lips slightly pursed as he grabs the hat from chan.

"thanks..." he trails off, not letting us say anything else before he leaves the room. i sigh, taking the beer and bringing it to my lips, chugging the whole thing in one go.

"give me another one." i tell chan, crumpling the now empty beer can in my hands. chan only nods, pulling another can out of the case, handing it to me with pursed lips, likely trying to hold back his laughter.

"here." he says, clearing his throat.

"i can tell you want to laugh at me." i deadpan, cracking open the new can.

"what? of course not." he waves a hand dismissively.

"your lips are literally trembling." i point out, beginning the chug my second beer. at that, he lets it out, bursting into laughter.

"did you see his face? he was so weirded out!" he laughs, placing his hand over his stomach.

"chan..." i pout, dropping my face into my hands, feeling a bright red blush coat my cheeks.

"i'm sorry..." he apologizes, now placing his hand over his mouth in attempt to muffle his giggles.

"give me another beer." i tell him, quickly finishing off the second one.

"you're gonna regret that in the morning." he chuckles, handing me another one regardless.

"not anymore than i regret sitting on minho's hat." i shrug, cracking it open and bringing it to my lips.

"fair enough." chan nods, just now finishing off his first beer.