The Next Day

Kali was woken up the next morning to Enid littering kisses all over her face while she laid on top of her, blanket over them. She giggled and let it happen a bit longer before finally opening her eyes. Enid pulled away and looked into them. They just stared lovingly into each other's eyes for a moment. Kali felt like she could stare forever, but then Enid closed her eyes and connected their lips in a soft kiss.

Kali happily kissed back and it slowly picked up pace. She placed her hands on Enid's hips but froze as she did. Enid wasn't wearing clothes. She pulled back from the kiss. "Why are you naked?" She whispered since the sun was still rising and everyone else was still asleep.

Enid looked down at herself. "Oh, yeah." She looked back at Kali. "Full moon last night, remember? Transforming kind of wrecks my clothes." Her eyes widened a little. "I'm not making you uncomfortable, am I? I know we haven't exactly gotten this far."

Which was why Kali was making a conscious effort to keep her gaze on Enid's face. "You're not. I just don't want to be disrespectful."

Enid smiled and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. "You're my girlfriend. You're allowed to look. Though I do think I'm gonna shower and steal some of Wednesday's clothes, so." She rolled off Kali and wrapped the blanket securely around herself. "I'll be back in about an hour."

Kali sat up. "Okay, but..." she looked around at everyone still sleeping "...what am I supposed to do while I wait?"

Enid hissed as she seemed to realize just how early it was. "Yeah, sorry, I kind of woke you up the second I untransformed. " she hummed in thought for a second. "You could come with me." Kali's face began to turn red. "Not like that! I just mean like, sit on the toilet and we can talk while I shower. And then you can shower afterwards too."

Kali nodded. "Okay, that sounds good." She stood up and the two headed up to Wednesday's room.

Enid knew where it was since she had visited the Addams home before. So she walked right in, grabbed a towel, grabbed some of Wednesday's baggier clothes that would fit her, and walked into the bathroom with Kali behind her. She had Kali turn around while she dropped the blanket and stepped into the shower which she had already turned on. Once she closed the shower curtains, Kali was able to look.

She sat down on the toilet cover. "I'm sorry, by the way."

"For what?"

"For you having to see me kill people. I know you don't like it when I do."

Enid chuckled as she watched the red-tinted water run down the drain. "Baby, you're not the only one who killed people last night. I promise you, I don't care. Especially since this was a fight for survival, and you never have to apologize for surviving. Okay?"

Kali nodded but then remembered that Enid couldn't see her. "Okay. Though I don't know if counts as surviving since I died."

"You're alive now, aren't you?"

"Only because you guys brought me back."

"Alive is alive though. Which means you survived."

"Fair enough."

"I do have one question though."

"What is it?"

Enid hesitated as she scrubbed shampoo into her hair. "You don't have to answer it though if it makes you uncomfortable. It's really not that big of a—"

"Babe," Kali gently cut her off, "just ask me."

Enid's face was burning redder than fire and she was grateful Kali couldn't see it. She had never called Enid a pet name before, so she was caught off guard. "Umm." She cleared her throat to get herself to focus on her question. "Did you experience anything? Like after you died? With how often Wednesday talks about death, I guess I've just become a lot more curious about it over the years. So did you see anything? Or anyone?"