Mating Bites

Wednesday still had some questions. Why does the organization want to bring Maeve back from the dead? And if the ritual will work because they changed Kali's DNA, then why do they make her fight a losing battle afterward? Is Maeve a friend they're trying to bring back? Or an enemy they wish to make suffer even more? In which case that is some serious dedication and if it were anyone else, Wednesday might applaud them. But not when it affects Kali. Wednesday felt like she had all the pieces to the puzzle now, and yet the picture it made was something she didn't recognize. It was frustrating. But there was nothing they could do about it, so they tabled the topic and headed out to meet the rest of the family for breakfast.

They met in a diner and Wednesday filled them in on what they had learned. Morticia agreed that the ritual would most likely work given the circumstance. Though she also didn't know why they would just kill Kali/Maeve afterward. At least they had a week to figure out a plan of action.

This caused Pugsley to ask if they were even sure all this was happening next week. Just because it happens on a full moon, did it have to be the next one? Wednesday explained that yes, it had to be. In her vision, their family is there. The Addams are only going to be in town for spring break, and will leave Sunday night. The night of the full moon. Which means the ritual will happen next Sunday.

The conversation dropped as their food arrived and they moved on to other things for a while. They ate and conversed and afterward went out and did whatever they wanted as a family. They spent the day together and when it was getting late they all headed back to Nevermore or their hotel rooms. Except for Enid and Kali who stayed in town to begin their date.

Once they were alone, Kali turned to Enid and asked, "What now?"

Enid only smiled and grabbed her hand, beginning to pull her along. "Follow me."

Kali let Enid lead the way until they were outside some really long building. "What is this place?"

"It's a rollerskating rink."

Kali's eyebrows furrowed together. "What's rollerskating?"

Enid grinned. "It's when you put on shoes that have wheels attached to the bottom, and you...roll."

"Sounds...interesting...and hard."

"Don't worry, I'll teach you how. And if you hate it, we can always leave and go with plan B."

"Which is?"

"Well, you don't get to know that unless we go with it. Come on." She tugged Kali inside. She payed the entry fee, grabbed their tickets, and then they were buzzed in.

The place was loud with music blasting from the speakers and endless chatter and laughter. The rink was a large oval shaped in the back, and where they walked in was all the rows of tables. To the right against the same wall of the door they walked through was the snack bar area, and all the way against the back right wall was a small arcade area. Straight ahead against the left wall was the roller-skates loaning counter. Enid lead them to it and gave the man working there in a black and white stripped shirt their tickets. She took off one of her shoes and gave it to him asking for her size, and then had Kali do the same while he grabbed her skates. She had to check Kali's shoe size for her and then told the man.

Once they got their skates and sat down to put them on, Kali yelled over the music to ask, "Why did we give him one of our shoes?"

"It's just a precaution so nobody steals the skates. Unless you give the skates back, you'll be short a shoe."

Kali nodded she supposed that made sense.

Once the skates were on, Enid helped her to her feet and helped her move by holding both her hands as she basically rolled Kali over to the rink. She then had Kali use the wall to support herself as she showed her how to move her feet in order to skate.