The New Hideout

The second the portal closed and Kali's brain caught up on what was happening, she jumped to her feet and glared at Hades and Hermes. Hades had an athletic build, dark skin, a shaved head, and wore a black horned demon mask that covered the top half of his face. Hermes next to him was wearing his skeleton mask that covered the lower half of his face. They were in a long stone hallway in the new underground hideout.

Kali immediately rushed forward in front of Enid and Wednesday as they also stood up, growing six thin bone spikes from her spine. She jumped at Hades with her right arm drawn back, palm facing him, about to grow a large spike to stab him when she screamed in pain as electricity coursed through her body from the base of her neck. Her back arched and she fell and slid against the stone floor as she writhed in pain from the continued electricity.

"AHH!" Kali screamed. She had forgotten how much this hurts, but she thought the hospital took out the chip when the police rescued her.

"Stop it!" Enid yelled as she and Wednesday began to run to her.

But Hades only chuckled as he put his boot on the back of Kali's head, keeping her face to the floor. "Careful there. You wouldn't want me to step too hard, would you?" Enid and Wednesday skidded to a halt six feet away with hard glares. Kali continued to cry out in pain as she writhed in agony. "As for you, Kali," Hades looked down at her with his soulless black eyes, "you know better than to use your powers outside of the arena. So be a good little project and put those bones away."

Kali struggled to force her bones back into her spine while being electrocuted, but managed after a few more agonizing seconds. Once they were gone, so was the electricity. Kali panted for air on the floor, in too much pain to even more her body now. Usually she could still move after being shocked, but she wasn't used to being in so much pain anymore. Not after two and half months of being at Nevermore. Plus the two weeks in the hospital when she was first rescued. She never appreciated not being in constant pain more than she did right now. She could've gone her whole life not experiencing any of this again. But what she really hated, was that Enid and Wednesday were watching.

They weren't supposed to be here, and Kali just wanted to protect them. But she couldn't even do that. She had never felt more weak and humiliated as her body throbbed and she laid face down with Hades stepping on her head. Clearly showing everyone there that the only place she belonged was under his control.

"Good girl," Hades praised condescendingly like she was an inferior animal. He looked back up at Enid and Wednesday. "Hel, how nice of you to drop by. Are you here to witness the miracle of life? Or were you going to kill us all like you promised? But just remember..." he put pressure on Kali's head making her groan in pain.

Wednesday's jaw clenched as her hands balled into fists. She wanted to spew threats, but she didn't want to risk them hurting Kali any further. They didn't necessarily need her alive, only her body. "Why are you trying to bring back Maeve Strauss?"

He grinned. "So you know about that? You're a lot better at investigating than the cops are, I'll give you that much. But you're only kids. Did you really think you could win this fight?"

"Let Kali go and we can find out."

Hades raised an eyebrow. "You actually care for this thing?" He moved his foot a bit to jostle Kali's head making her grunt. "She's basically just Frankenstein's creature. A monster."

"Take that back!" Enid barked as her claws flexed.

"But it's true. Do you have any idea the amount of people she's killed? The amount of kids?"

"You killed those kids," Wednesday defended her.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Nope. All I did was put her in the ring. She made her choice. And because of that 365 kids lost their lives."