Micheal Green & Blood Samples

The next two days passed by seamlessly. Wednesday spent her time reading her medical textbooks like she wanted. When she wasn't in her classes, she was doing homework or reading. It wasn't the most exciting thing to do, but it was all she could do to work towards figuring out how to find a cure for Kali. She wouldn't let her die. Especially not when she finally seemed to begin enjoying living.

Enid had taken Kali out after her lessons with Eugene on both Thursday and Friday. On Thursday Enid had Kali try ice cream for the first time and it gave her a total brain freeze. They also went to the park to look at trees since Kali had made a comment while walking through town that she had never really been up close to a tree before. Kali touched the rough bark and immediately said she hadn't missed much. Enid laughed and they continued on.

On Friday, Yoko, Bianca, and Divina tagged along. Kali was fine with it but Enid was a little annoyed. She loved her friends, but she wanted more one on one time with Kali. She had to remind herself she already had two days with her and they were Kali's friends too. They decided to go to the arcade and immediately Kali asked Enid to win her another stuffed animal.

Kali had become attached to the penguin Enid won her on Wednesday. In fact, she actually carried it with her everywhere by keeping the small penguin in the hood of her hoodies since she was always wearing one. Enid thought it was absolutely adorable. People had noticed the penguin in her hoodie, but no one had the balls to bring it up or tease her about it, too afraid to be on the end of her wrath. Almost killing four people on your first day will give you that type of reputation.

And so Enid tried her best to win her one. But it was significantly harder that day than last time because none of the stuffed animals were in optimal positioning like the penguin had been. So she had to spend a few tries just getting the animals to move around first. Eventually she was able to win Kali a small panda that was the same size as the penguin. Kali placed it next to the penguin in her hood and they moved on to other games.

All in all, the two days were a good time. Unfortunately, even though Kali assured Enid that she had fun, she still never smiled. Enid wasn't about to stop trying though. Now it was Saturday, Enid, Kali, and Wednesday were in the two girls dorm after breakfast. It was finally time to go to the prison and talk to Micheal Green.

Wednesday held the teleporter in her hand and pressed one of the side buttons as she spoke into it. "Five Points Correctional Facility in Romulus, New York. Cell block A, cell number 66."

She released the button and pointed the teleporter to the middle of the room. A blue pulse was sent out in rings of blue before a portal ripped into the space with a tear as if ripping a piece of paper. The portal was blue and clouded, unable to see through it.

"I'm sorry," Enid began with her hands held up in defense. "Cell? We're going directly to his cell?"

"How else do you plan to see him?" Wednesday asked.

"Visitation hours?"

"Visitors need to be approved. We aren't. Now come on. Hopefully he's in his cell." Wednesday walked through the portal so Kali and Enid quickly followed.

They stepped out in a dingy cell where two men jumped out of their bunk beds and moved towards the cell door in a panic. The portal stayed open behind them for a quick escape.

"What the hell?!" The man with tattoos shouted.

"Micheal Green," Wednesday greeted the second man, "we have some questions for you."

"Who the hell are you and how did you get in here?!" Micheal exclaimed. He was a lean middle aged man with graying hair and a triangle shaped face with a hooked nose. It all just screamed he was a rat.