Taylor Swift To The Rescue

Kali woke up to Yoko's alarm clock at six and it made her panic. The beeping brought her back to the five minute fight warning and it didn't help that she had been having a nightmare about being back at the organization anyway. She shot up in a cold sweat and shot a bone finger bullet at the alarm clock. Parts flew off and electricity sparked before flickering out. Yoko stared at her with wide fearful eyes.

Kali took a deep breath to get her breathing under control. "Sorry." She got out of bed and went to the bathroom to ready for the day. She took a quick shower and just finished getting dressed when Wednesday arrived. Kali opened the door and Wednesday stared at her for a moment.

"Your hair is still wet," she finally said.

"It takes time to dry."

Wednesday sighed and walked inside and to their bathroom. "Come here." She opened the top drawer where Yoko's hair dryer was and plugged it in. "Sit down on the toilet seat." Kali did so silently and Wednesday turned on the dryer and began to blow her hair with it.

But Kali winced and leaned away. "That's hot."

"That's the point. Now hold still."

Kali reluctantly did so and Wednesday made a conscious effort not to stay in one spot too long so it didn't burn her. She dried Kali's hair and ignored Yoko's peering eyes. No doubt the vampire would be asking her questions later, but she can't just let Kali walk around with wet hair, she'll get sick. She finished a few minutes later and turned off the dryer.

"There." She unplugged it and put it away. "Use this from now on after you take a shower."

"Okay."

"Now let's go." The two left and began walking to the cafeteria so they could get a quick breakfast. "Give me your schedule."

Kali handed it to her and she looked it over, first checking what they had together. But they only had two, fourth and eighth period. They'd only have one class together everyday. An unfortunate circumstance. She didn't want Kali to be on her own though so she compared it to Eugene's schedule. But they also only had two classes together. Third and seventh. At least they have afternoon classes covered, but what about morning classes? There was only one other person she would trust to look after Kali, so she compared it to Enid's schedule. And bingo. Enid and Kali had the remaining four classes together. She'll need to talk to Enid at breakfast.

They reached the cafeteria and Wednesday sent Kali to eat something while she walked over to Enid who was eating with Bianca and Divina while waiting for Yoko.

"Enid," Wednesday said as she reached them, "I need you to watch over Kali in your guys morning classes."

Enid chuckled. "Yeah, no, I don't think she needs me to do that."

"Maybe not physically, but that's not what I mean."

"Then what, emotionally?"

"If the need arises. Just keep an eye on her and try to help her understand the material."

Enid sighed. "Wednesday, I told you I want no part part in whatever the two of you are doing."

"And this has nothing to do with that. This is simply me, as your best friend, asking you to look out for her."

Bianca gasped and whispered to Divina sarcastically, "Oh my god, she pulled the best friend card."

Divina chuckled as Enid stared at Wednesday curiously, trying to decipher this odd request. "You're actually worried about her." Wednesday gave a stiff nod, not wanting to admit it out loud. "Why?"

Wednesday glanced at Bianca and Divina watching. It's not that she didn't trust them, but it's simply not her story to tell and she would only tell Enid if it meant the werewolf would keep an eye on Kali in their classes together. She looked back at Enid. "Promise to keep an eye on her and I can tell you later."