Monsters & Angels

A/N
I apologize in advance. This was not planned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After having to explain the concept of other countries to Kali, Wednesday explained her vision, the man who attacked them, and the actual search of the place.

Kali told them the man who attacked them was most likely Hermes based on description and the fact that he walked out of a portal in front of Enid. She also said that depending on what they find on the hard drive, she may not want to see it. She was pretty sure the organization recorded the fights, so she figured that's what was on it. If she was right, it's definitely not something she wants to see. Wednesday and Enid understood that.

The conversation was about to end there when Wednesday remembered to ask, "Who's Odin?"

Kali froze and looked at Wednesday with furrowed brows. "How do you know that name?"

"There was an office for him across from Hades. Who is he?"

Her eyes widened some. "There was an office for him?"

"You seem surprised by this."

Kali winced as her scars began to burn. She took off her gloves so she could see she wasn't being sliced open, and began to massage the backs of her hand to help with the pain. "Odin is—he—he—he's not—" she sighed.

Enid carefully grabbed Kali's hands and began to rub her scars with her thumbs for her. "Just take a deep breath."

Kali did so and after a few seconds tried again while staring at their hands. "I didn't think Odin was real. None of us did."

"Why not?" Wednesday asked when she didn't continue.

"No one ever saw him. Like at all. We'd always see Asclepius and Hermes, we would barely see Hades, but we never saw Odin. It was like a scary story used to make us behave." She looked back up at Wednesday. "But if you're saying he had an office..."

"Then he might be real after all."

"Just another mystery for us to solve, right?" Enid tried to lighten the mood.

"Right," Wednesday agreed. But she wasn't so sure. She figured it was Odin talking to Asclepius in her vision, and something was giving her a bad feeling.

—————

The following day, whilst everyone was at lunch, Wednesday was in the library about to find out what was on the hard drive. Just like Kali, Enid didn't want to bear witness to what was on it unless Wednesday told her it wasn't anything too awful first. So she decided to go through it during a time where everyone was busy eating.

Speaking of eating, Kali was eating more now. Her stomach stopped hurting after only eating five bites of food, so Wednesday had her keep eating until she felt sick again. That put her at nine bites now. Kali would always glare at Wednesday like her stomach hurting was her fault. But Wednesday was just glad they were making progress with her eating habits, so she would always make sure she ate all nine bites. And whenever Wednesday wasn't eating with the group Enid and Eugene would make sure Kali ate as much as she was supposed to.

So Wednesday didn't have to worry about it as she plugged in the flash drive to the computer. Once it registered the drive, a single folder popped up named "Recordings". Unless Hades was secretly a singer, it was starting to look like Kali was right. She clicked on the folder and it opened an extremely long list of files, each one titled with a date, one for every day of the year 2021.

"Jesus," Wednesday mumbled. What does Hades even do with these recordings? Sell them to his betters? Disgusting.

She looked down at the drive sticking out of the computer and saw the faint '21 engraved on it for the first time. So Hades has a flash drive for every year. Then how did Wednesday end up with the one from two years ago? She imagined his desk. Maybe he had been going through some of the drives when the police arrived so they had been out. He scrambled to grab them all, but accidentally left one behind and knocked it and the mug off the desk in his rush. It was a reasonable scenario.