21- Can't the World Just Leave Me Be

[Year 2021 November 30th, Hero Public Commission]

"Touya is in UA. We will do everything in our power to take him back. Do you understand?" Madam ordered. "Yes, madam. But what about Hawks, he wouldn't let Touya come here-"

"I'll take care of Hawks. All you have to do is get Touya out of UA and into the new generation of Dorushi. The last generation was a failure. But, this time, it will work. Touya would never let this chance go, I know Touya better than anyone,"

He nodded at the Madam's words. There was no other choice anyway.

"Of course, Madam. After all, Dorushi's reign was, is, and will be the Number 1,"

[Year 2021 December 1st, UA]

"Bye Keigo!" Dabi said, waving to Keigo. He turned around and went to his classmates.

"Where's your boyfriend~?" Mina asked.

Dabi shrugged. "He had some work to do at the Commission" Then he realized Mina had said 'boyfriend' and pushed Mina with his shoulders. To which Mina giggled.

He went towards his class with Shoto. The first period was Math. "OMG," Kaminari sat next to him, "I forgot there's a math test today!"

Dabi forgot too but didn't mind. He didn't need good grades. He would rather be with Keigo than study.

He gave Kaminari his notes and looked at his Math teacher. He got the paper and looked at the questions. When did they ever learn this? "We never learned this..." he said under his breath, but everyone had heard it. They giggled while Iida stared at him, disappointed. After the test, they took a break. A few tedious hours later, they went out to lunch. Then they went outside to rest. "Oh look, there are some people in suits. Do you think we'll be like them someday?" Jirou asked. "Who-?" Dabi was going to ask before he realized that the people-in-suits looked oddly familiar...

"Why are they here?!" He stared at the people. The commission.

They walked towards Dabi. Dabi turned around and walked away. Confusing the class. "Is something wrong, Tou-Dabi?" Shoto asked. Dabi ran. He ran until there was a dead end.

The people in suits soon caught up to Dabi and one of them whispered, "002, If you don't want anything to happen to your friends, follow us quietly and quickly. Now. And if you tell anyone else, they will surely get their bodies in Tartarus. You of all people know where it is," Dabi shivered at the voice of the man.

The man who used to beat him up for being a failure. The one who killed his own friend in front of his eyes. The one who he used to look up to so much...Yokumiro, Madam's right-hand man.

"I don't want to," he tried to continue but was cut off. "It doesn't matter. You have no choice."

Everything was going a bit too perfectly for the world to let him be.

Something punctured his shoulder and everything turned black.

~

He woke up to the sound of a woman. "Hello, Touya, it's nice to meet you again. If it wasn't Keigo, I would've thought you were dead," she said in a whispery yet cold voice.

He looked around the room. In front of him was Madam. The room he was in was a cold and dark room. Similar to a prison cell.

"Why did you bring me here?" he asked, before realizing what the Madam had said. "Keigo?! What do you mean? He would never tell you who I am!" he shouted, his voice bouncing around the room, making echoes.

"Oh, did poor Hawks never tell you? He's not "free" thanks to your little plan. He's stuck with us!" she said. The echoes made her feel even more psychotic.

"But, the other kids are free..." he said under his breath. He remembered how Keigo didn't answer where the others were. "Don't tell me, they're not with you are they?"

"Oh no Touya, not with me. They're in Dorushi. Where they will rot forever. Keigo couldn't save them. They're dead."

Touya couldn't believe it. Keigo had lied to him. He was never free, and the kids were never alive... "You're lying... Keigo wouldn't lie to me..."

"Oh, but he did! And now look at you. Stuck here with me. All thanks to your little bird, Keigo."

Touya didn't want to believe it but there was no other explanation. Keigo had betrayed him. He had made the entire plan go wrong. "Then tell me why... why am I here? Did you bring me here just to torture me?"

"Oh dear, Touya. Did you forget our bond? Of course not! I brought you here so I can fulfill your dream! I'm here to give you a chance," she continued, "Don't you want to be the Number 1 of the New and better Dorushi? Ahead of everyone for once? Make everyone proud?" her words seemed to dig his heart away.

"Can you really make me the Number 1? Like Keigo used to be?"

"Even better," Madam told him.

"Then... I'll ◼◼◼◼◼" he sighed.

Madam grinned.