18- DabiHawks vs HotWings

[Year 2021 November 24th, UA High School]

Dabi looked over at Keigo. He seemed to be a lot more tired than other days. "You alright?"

Keigo looked back at Dabi and sighed as if he was saying, 'No, definitely not'. He didn't seem fine.

Keigo was on Dabi's bed. Wrapped in a blanket. It was cute but also made him wonder why Keigo was so distressed. He stood up and walked towards Keigo. "Are you sure?" he put his hands on Keigo's forehead.

"You have a fever, Keigo," he told him. "Uh-huh, so? I need to go to work in a bit so let me rest, Touya," Keigo replied in a tired voice.

"Can't you just rest?" he asked. Classes had ended a few minutes ago. He could take care of Keigo, couldn't he? "Nah," Keigo seemed to realize something and said, "Unless! Unless you give me a hug, then maybe I'll stay for a while longer." Keigo spread his arms. Dabi went into bed and hugged him back. Keigo spread the blanket so it would cover both of them. "You're being extra clingy these days, aren't you Keigo?" "What? Can't I hug my boyfriend?" Dabi just smiled.

"Oh my Gosh! They're a couple? I... Ship it!!!" a certain pink-haired girl whispered under her breath. (I will not name names; *Ehem* Mina *Ehem* Ashido)

The two fell asleep on the bed. Not noticing that Mirko had come in a few minutes later. "Guys, there's a problem." She saw the two cuddling and said, "Freaking Lovebirds." she sighed. She did try her best to get the two together, but why was she the third-wheeler? "Wakey wakey" The two opened their eyes and looked at Mirko staring at the both of them. "Oh! Sorry Mirko, didn't realize that you were here," Dabi woke up. While Keigo was still asleep.

"Yeah, well there's a problem. Mina found out about you two dating and kind of told your entire class."

"Wai- I'm still not awake." he paused, then spoke again. "Okay, I'm awake now. Now what did you say?" Mirko repeated her words and now, Dabi was shocked. "She what?! But- Oh my god, if the teachers and heroes know... they're gonna kick me out of here!" He said.

"Nah, I don't think Mina's gonna tell them. Just your class. So expect to be very "welcomed" in the common room" She bowed and directed Dabi towards the door. Dabi bit his lower lip. He got out of bed and sighed. It was bound to happen, he thought.

He opened the door to see the class together. They all stopped talking and stared at Dabi.

"Uh... hi?" he said, his voice pitched.

"Dabi! How could you have not told us that you were dating Hawks?" Mina said to break the silence. A few other girls nodded.

"Well, you know he's a hero and I'm a villain so I should keep it a secret, shouldn't I-" Dabi tried to continue but was stopped by Shoto. "Well technically, you're not a villain now. You're a UA student. And as our classmate, you should tell us about your love life." Was Shoto always like this? He thought. But the students didn't look as though they wanted to kick him out for dating Hawks, they looked as though they wanted to know a friend's love life.

He somehow ended up on the couch and was asked tons of questions.

"First question, when did you two start dating?" Jirou asked. "Umm... a few days ago... On Sunday," he watched as Mina prepared for the next question.

"Okay. Next question, Who confessed?" Mina said, her eyes twinkling. "Uh, it was Kei- Hawks," he quickly changed but Mina caught it. "Was that a nickname? Kei? Hmm... Hey Iida? What does Kei mean?"

Iida searched on his phone. "Hold on, it means... 'blessed', 'respect', or 'joyous'," Mina grinned. "So that's Hawks' nickname? Aww, that's cute! I didn't know you had such a cute side to you Dabi!" she giggled. Dabi tried to tell them that wasn't it but gave up. He couldn't reveal Hawks' name for this.

"Is that all the questions?" he asked. "Hm..? Oh, uh..." Mina thought of a question. Then, Tokoyami asked, "Since when did you like Hawks? I don't know if you seemed to like him when we were interns. I mean- well yeah." he mumbled when he saw everyone looking. Mina said, "Maybe when Hawks kept taking Dabi from class, they were going on a secret date?" Then Shoto said, "Or they've actually been friends since childhood and they finally reconciled and revealed their feelings for each other." To that, Momo said, "That's way too far-fetched. Let's hear what Dabi has to say,"

"Umm-" Should he tell them the truth? Just then, Keigo came out of his room. The others all gasped and looked at the Number 2 hero. "Eh, Shoto's right. We used to know each other in the past. But the rest's a secret!" he said, putting his index finger on his lips. He picked Dabi up from the couch with his arms and hugged him from the back. "Eeek! You two are so~ romantic! I ship this! What should be their ship name? DabiHawks?"

"Or maybe HotWings, since their quirks are fire and wings?" Jirou also gave an opinion. The girls all started talking about their ship name. Dabi just watched them while being trapped in Keigo's arms.

~

[Year 2021 November 26th, UA High School]

The wind was blowing through the window. Dabi looked at Keigo who was enjoying the breeze. He suddenly thought of something he had thought of asking.

"Hey, Hawks. Do you think I could maybe see the other Dorushi kids? I mean I would like to maybe see them once," he asked Keigo. He was curious. Where were they? Were they doing fine?

"Ah, uh... I don't think I can..." Keigo stuttered. "What's wrong? Where are they, Keigo?" he asked again. "I- Hey Touya! Wanna go somewhere this week? I know a nice-" Dabi sighed. What was Keigo hiding? Why was he acting so weird?

"Hey, Keigo. I love you and all but I really can't stand it when you lie. You know that. C'mon, are they not in good living conditions? It'll still be nice to meet them. Right? I mean Miki and Fukuda will be there. And Nori will be all grown up and- Keigo? Are you alright?" Keigo had turned pale white. He looked like he was about to throw up.

Keigo thought over and over again, 'I can't tell him they're dead. It's all my fault. I can't tell him. They're all dead and it's all my fault. All my fault. My fault. My fault. My fault...' Images of their dead bodies seemed to pop out in his brain. He wanted to pass out. He couldn't handle it anymore. He spread his wings. He wanted to run away. From Touya. It was the first time he felt this way, and he didn't want to feel it ever again. He shook his head a few times and went out the window. 'I'm sorry Touya. I'm sorry...' tears fell down his eyes but were soon blown by the fast wind.

"Wait Kei- Ah..." Dabi stared at where Keigo had left. "Am I not trustworthy to him?" he whispered. He felt sad. And mad. He had given his life to save those kids' lives and he wasn't even allowed to see them. Why was Keigo being so weird?

He felt so many emotions at once.

He felt his body warm up.

The tips of his fingers felt like fire. He looked down to see... fire. A red flame had formed. He focused and it turned to a blue color. He could use his quirk? He looked back up at where Keigo had gone.