17- Past

[Year 2017 February 24th, Dorushi Private School]

"Get up!" Madam shouted at the white-haired boy. "Do you wish to become a masterpiece with so little effort? If you want to become more than just a step for Hawks, stop being so weak!" her words seemed to pierce Touya's heart.

A tear rolled out of his eyes.

All that he wanted was a family that loved him. To do that, he had to become worthy of the love. Was that too much to ask? Why was he born this way?

He was the worst friend ever.

Keigo had always been kind to him but he knew they were never allowed to be friends. The world didn't allow a failure and a masterpiece to be close. It was always like this. He was the failure that was just a stepping stone for the masterpiece to become stronger. Keigo didn't know what it felt like. He wouldn't understand.

"Yes, Madam" he answered.

"Good. Maybe one day, you'll be at least half of your dear friend."

At that moment, he didn't want to be Keigo's friend. He was the worst friend ever.

He walked out of the training room. Keigo was leaning on the wall next to the door. "Oh, you're out. Are you okay? You're hurt all over!" he asked worriedly. "I'm fine. I don't need help" he said threateningly. He didn't want to talk with Keigo. He didn't care if he was being mean. Keigo would never understand this. He was so perfect, a masterpiece, he wouldn't know such pain.

"Alright... but still, let me get you a bandage. I'll bandage you up. I've gotten good at it! Here!" he took Touya's hand and brought him to the nurses' office. There was a nurse in a white coat and a smile that made it seem that everything was okay. "Hey, Miss! Could I get a bandage? Yeah, the white one!" Keigo took the bandage from the nurse and took Touya's arm. He wrapped it around as if Touya's arm was as special as a block of gold.

"All better!" he said. Smiling up at Touya. Touya didn't smile back.

"Thanks, but next time focus on your training more. You have to be the number one hero, don't you?"

"Yeah, but I- I don't want to" Keigo mumbled. The nurse stared at the two. She looked as if she wanted to strangle Keigo. Touya hushed Keigo and took Keigo's hand and left to go to their dorm.

"You can't say stuff like that, Keigo! They'll hear you. You know who you are."

"Yes, I do. I'm just another student. Why do I have to be careful of every action I make?"

"You're not! You're not just another student. You're the masterpiece. You're why all our friends died- I mean-"

"I know. I know that it's all my fault so just shut up Touya. You'll never understand what I mean will you?" he snapped.

"That's what I have to say" Touya snapped back. It hurt to hear those words from Keigo. He didn't care what Keigo was trying to say. Keigo would never understand. He didn't understand or care.

"Fine!" Keigo stormed off out of the room.

"Fine," Touya answered just to regret every single word after a second.

Why was he so cold? Keigo had helped him then just spoke his wants and Touya had cut him off every time.

~

Keigo stormed out. What did Touya even mean? 'That's what I have to say'? Did he ever be forced to fight his friends and kill them just to become something that he never wanted?

Keigo wanted to become a hero, but he cared more about his friends. But the teachers were always pushing him to be the number one hero. And Touya was turning just like them. He didn't like it. Touya was supposed to be his friend. Not his enemy. Why couldn't he just be with Keigo? Touya was smart but also dumb. Dumber than anyone Keigo knew. But, he couldn't live without Touya. He stopped in his tracks and went back to Touya's dorm. It was always him that apologized. But it was fine. Touya was just sensitive. But he was kind and caring, logical and wise. And that was why he liked him. And not just as friends.