10- Hope

Hawks walked into his office. He sat down in his chair. It was a really comfy soft chair that was short enough for his wings to go on the back while having wheels and a really soft fabric. Mirko had gotten them for him for fighting a villain with her. 

It had been a few days, 2 days to be exact, since Dabi told Hawks he was Touya, Touya Todoroki.

That day, the two had went out and went shopped for snacks and also went to an arcade. Touya had even got Hawks some plushies. That was all great, but the thing that made it so magical for Hawks was Touya having been by his side. 

The Touya that had died... was alive. And next to Hawks. It felt like he was taken back to the old times. Free... But, there was one problem.

Touya still thought that Hawks became a hero by choice. He thought Hawks was free... but that was so far from the truth.

And Hawks liked it that way. But at the same time, he wondered; when Touya would find out, how would he react?

[2018 November 21st, Back of the Dorushi Private School, Forest]

2018. November twenty-first. That was the day Hawks lost everything. Touya... his friends... freedom... hope.

Touya stared at Hawks with eyes full of... blood. Blue fire was circling around the two. It looked as if the fire was about to swallow the two whole. The forest they used to hide in when nightmares got tough... it was all burnt. This was Touya's plan. To sacrifice himself and everyone else. To save Keigo. 

Keigo wanted to run towards him and hug Touya and tell him everything would be fine. But that wouldn't be heroic. Sacrifices had to be made. Touya was the sacrifice. 

But Keigo didn't know if leaving Touya was the right thing to do. 

In the end, Keigo had to leave Touya burning in blue flames while Touya screamed, "Run! Please, Kei-!" Touya's coughs could be heard through the fire. 

Hawks looked back at Touya, but nothing but blue flames could be seen. "..." 

He opened his red wings and flew towards the other students. This wasn't what Touya wanted. Touya wanted Keigo to save himself. Thinking back, that would've been a whole lot easier.

While Keigo was trying to save Touya, the kids were being taken by the 'teachers'.  "Aargh! Get off me!!! Sensei!" the male teacher was grabbing onto the little boy's arm. The teacher was their history teacher. Cold but still wise. They thought. 

But now... he looked like a monster. Just like papa... No! He wasn't allowed to think of back then. It was useless to stay in the past! The teachers told him... but were they even teachers anymore?

Touya said to leave. To survive. To run. But Keigo would never. Not when these kids were dying. Not when he can save them.

Keigo got a big feather from his wings and slashed the sensei's arm off. "How dare you-" before he was done speaking, the little boy had picked up a knife and stabbed the teacher's neck with it. 

Keigo had forgotten something. These kids, they were kids who survived the 'kill or be killed training'. They were strong. They could win

Keigo tried his best to assess the situation, which was when a teacher grabbed on to his foot, he shook it off -tried to- but the teacher didn't let go.

"Please... I'll do anything!! I'll tell you everything! So please... keep my Lotus safe! Please Hawks!" she shouted. 

It was dizzying. The smell of blood was like iron. Just a lot more red. Their math teacher's eyes were a brilliant shade of blue. It looked as if the whole galaxy was in her eyes. Or, it used to be like that. Now, her irises had turned gray. Her eyes had turned dead. She was dead. Just like that.