9- School Festival

[Year 2021 October 16th, UA high school]

'Hey, Dabi. I'll be a bit late to the festival, I'm sorry, Endeavor planned a meeting and I think it'll end a bit later. I'll try to come as quick as I can though.' Hawks' voice was heard through Dabi's phone. Dabi answered, "It's fine. You don't have to come anyways." 

'Nah~ I want to see you performing on stage! You're playing the guitar aren't you?' 

"Mhm."

'Oh yeah! Did you know that Eri kid you used to go and play with at the hospital is gonna be there?' 

"Really? I didn't know."

'Oh, Endeavor's calling. Bye~' 

"B- and he hung up." Dabi silently cursed Endeavor for stealing their time.

The festival was gonna start at 9:00. It was 6:28 right now. As mentioned earlier, Dabi was gonna play the guitar. He learned the guitar when Keigo used to sing for the Dorushi students. The kids there didn't know much of the 'outside world' so they would get really impressed with Keigo's singing. Keigo had a nice voice, but singing? So, Touya would learn the guitar and play next to Keigo, sometimes even singing when in a good mood.

Dabi didn't want to participate at first, but when Tokoyami kinda begged for him to play the guitar, he decided to just show them him playing the guitar. He learned it himself by watching some videos on YouTube, so it wasn't the best. Or so he thought. 

"That's amazing!! Eek! Why didn't you tell us you could play the guitar, your play style is really soft and harmonious." Jirou had said. After a ton of compliments from the class, Dabi became the guitarist for them. Along with Kaminari and Tokoyami. Jirou brought a left-handed guitar for him the next week.

At first, it was hard to get used to an electric guitar, but with Jirou and the other's help, he got used to it pretty quickly. Pretty soon, he started teaching the others (Kaminari and Tokoyami) how to play the guitar while Jirou was busy practicing. 

Time went by quickly. It was now 8:48. But Midoriya wasn't here yet. Where was he? Dabi went to  where they could buy ropes, as Midoriya had went to buy new ropes. He heard a commotion nearby. He sneaked up behind a tree. There he was, he tried to go towards the hero-in-training but stopped when he realized that Midoriya wasn't alone. He was with Gentle Criminal.

A villain who made YouTube videos for everyone to see. He was such a headache for the LOV as they had split opinions about him. Dabi disagreed with the guy's ways while Shigaraki agreed to the ways of the criminal. So, it started a bit of a disagreement between them. Eventually, Kurogiri fixed the situation, but it was still a big even with them... What was the LOV up to these days? 

As the two fought, he heard the girl beside them scream, "Where is the brighter future in this?!  Gentle is my only- " Dabi stepped into view. Midoriya turned to look at his fellow classmate. "What are you doing? You're gonna be late to the festival. Heroes are coming so just leave them." 

"But-" "Don't worry. I'll take care of this." 

Dabi sat near the two while the two hugged each other, whispering things. They tried to attack him, but Dabi quickly head locked Gentle, making the both of them helpless. Dabi left the place before heroes arrived. Now, he was quite a bit late. He ran back to UA and got a scolding from his classmates for being late. Midoriya had washed his face and hands. And it looked as if nothing had happened. Right. It was all fine.