"He's just-" I shake my head. "Nobody." He nods, Alyssa looks like I've just killed her dog. "Nobody." She whispers. "Doesn't seem like it." Damien shrugs. "Fine, he's one of my friends. Better?" I quip. Damien doesn't respond, Alyssa doesn't either. 

I groan, "God I need weed." Damien smirks and puts his hand on Alyssa's shoulder, a motion for her to stop walking. He unzips his bag and rummages through it, pulling out a large Ziploc bag full of weed. "No shit!" I squeal and grab it, "Holy fuck I haven't had weed in forever." He smiles largely, "I have paper and a lighter so we can roll blunts n' shit and I have a bowl." I look away from the bag and look at him, "I fuckin' love you." Damien chuckles, "We can't smoke all of it in a short amount of time thought because that's all I've got." I nod, "Got it." 

"Adrian?" Alyssa looks at me. "Hm?" "You said you wouldn't do drugs-" "Oh, Alyssa, weed isn't a drug. It's a stimulant. Adrian will still be herself just...happier." Alyssa smiles at Damien's words, "Oh! Well, she needs that." I scoff, "Thanks. But he's right, maybe when you're older you can try some, but dad would have my head if I even let you get contact high." 

I can tell by Alyssa's facial expression that she has no idea what I'm talking about. "It's when-" An arrow piercing a Walker's head catches me off guard. I turn and see Damien lowering his bow behind us, a dead Walker about seven feet away from Alyssa. 

"Shit, thanks. I didn't even see that." I wave my arm in the direction of the Walker. "You were busy talking about weed, that's more important than a silly little Eater." "Eater?" Alyssa asks, "Yeah...you know...the dead people who are walking." "Oh! We call them Walkers."

"Walkers...hm, I like it. It has a ring to it." 

"Adri, do you think dad's gonna be mad we left without tellin' him?" "I told Dale. Dad was having one of his weird ass fits so...not catchin' me get backhanded again." Damiens eyebrows shoot up though he doesn't say anything, probably scared to cross any boundaries. 

I don't acknowledge Damien's subtle gesture; I just look forward and begin walking again. "You guys have mentioned a dad but...not a mom." He's cautious and trying to be respectful with his words, I like that. "Her name's Lori. She's not really our mom but...she acts like one. And I trust her like one." I can't hide the down-turned smile that creeps on my lips as Alyssa speaks. 

"Our actual mom died when Alyssa was born, she's never really met her; I was fifteen." "Oh shit, I'm sorry." 

"It's fine. 'Lyss is right, Lori's more like a mom than our mom was. She was never really around so I guess 'Lyss and I both just kind of...got attached to Lori. Even though I didn't like her in the beginning." "You didn't like anybody in the beginning- OOH! Damien! You haven't met Andrea!" I groan at the sound of her name. "We don't speak such cusswords." 

Damien smiles, "I assume the 'A' word and Adrian don't get along." I chuckle at "'A' word". "Thanks for not saying that potty word. And no, I contemplate killing her ever night." 

"Is there a specific reason why?" He asks, crossing his arms. As we walk, we pass the area of the creek where Alyssa got grabbed and where we first met Damien. 

"She's just so...Andrea. I was decently close with her little sister and Andrea tried to get me to stay away from her because I would 'get her into doing illegal things'." I use air quotes as I speak. "It's the end of the world-I didn't know laws existed." "SEE?! Thank you! She thinks she's some girl boss feminist who can be a gun smith and help with killing the Walkers and everything but she ends up screwing someone over. She shot Daryl in the fucking head because she wanted to waste a bullet on a Walker. That Walker was Daryl." 

"Did you beat her ass?"

"Hell the fuck yeah I did. Fuck that, she ain't gonna shoot Daryl and get away with it." Damien scoffs, "Seems like you're more 'girl boss' than her." "AW!" Alyssa squeals. "I sense a newfound friendship brewing." She whispers. 

"That's only if Rick agrees to let him stay." 

We make it back to the farm and Alyssa smiles. "Welcome to...here." She leans in, "What do I call this place?" "I dunno, the farm?" "Welcome to The Farm!" Damien chuckles, "Holy shit this place is nice." I take my backpack off and shove the bag of weed in it, hiding it from my father and everyone else. 

When we make it up to the farm, nobody is outside. "That's weird." I whisper, looking around. "Usually there's at least somebody outside, doing chores or some shit." Alyssa looks towards the house, "I think I see them in there. Look! Rick's car is back." I nod, "Damien leave your weapons and bags out here, we don't need them thinking you're a threat." I lead him to the camp and he sets his stuff on the picnic table. As he's setting his weapons down I tell him to wait. "Put them in my bag, just so that they're not as worried about you finding them or...something I dunno." 

Damien nods and puts his knife and gun in my bag, I put his bow and arrow in my tent. "Okay, we can go." 

Alyssa, Damien, and I all make our way to the house. From outside, I can see everyone sitting in the living room, talking. It seems very tense but that could just be from the whole situation. 

I open the door and everyone's heads immediately turn to me. "Jesus Adrian, you guys were gone forever!" Dale exclaims. "Well uh-we found someone." Rick and Shane both stand up quickly.

"Woah! His name is Damien and he's really nice. I trust him. He saved Alyssa...twice." Alyssa and Damien step into the house. Damien waves awkwardly. "Hi! I'm Damien." He holds his hand out to Rick. "Rick." Rick says, shaking his hand hesitantly. 

"Wait a second. We are not keeping two new people, let alone one!" Alyssa and I look at each other. 

"Two?!"