XXIV

quick note: I did rewrite this chapter as I didn't like the last one at all. It was all over the place and I apologize to those who read it. anyways here's a way better chapter! hope you all enjoy 🫶🏻

——

"RONI OPEN THE DOOR!" the knocks turn onto banging.

confused and slightly scared I scatter off the bed, not glancing at Noah and quickly open the door.

rylan is quick to enter to room, "you - " she stops when she notices the figure stood behind me. "Noah, out!"

"what? why?" he asks confused.

"girl talk, out!" she makes herself comfortable on my bed, staring at Noah, waiting for his departure.

"okay alright, I'll talk to you later?" he asks me.

"yeah." I offer him a smile.

he soon leaves the room, in which rylan practically slams the door behind him.

"so what's up?"

"oh nothing." she says shrugging walking to my bed. "so... you and beanstalk?"

"huh?"

she immediately chucks a pillow at me. "girl don't be stupid, we've talked about this before. you have the hots for each other and everyone can see it."

"what were you saying when you walked in?" I ask trying to distract her from the conversation.

"nope, you're bestie needs to know so sit down and talk."

I let out a huff before plopping down on my bed, just to groan when there's a knock again.

I look at rylan who shrugs and go open the door, "yes?"

"wow don't seem to excited to see me." Bryan jokes.

"what's up?" I ask.

"nothing just wanted to join in on girl talk." he shrugs walking in taking a spot next to rylan.

"how the hell did you know?"

"Noah." he says pulling out a packet off m&ms from his hoodie pocket and silently asks if rylan wants any.

"well um," i shut the door. "okay then."

I take my place back on the bed, "honestly guys, I don't know."

"well you know you like him." rylan points out the obvious.

"and he likes you." Bryan chips in.

"guys I don't know, I mean yeah I like him but," I pause not really knowing what to say.

"but what? there's no buts here, you guys like each other. what's holding you back? Voldemort? he's absolutely nothing like that dick brain. it's okay to let yourself love someone else roni." rylan says, her words sounding similar to the ones Bryan once told me.

I snort at the new found nickname she had given him, Bryan looks at her slightly confused.

"I think we almost kissed earlier." I say just above a whisper.

"WHAT!?" she screeches pushing Bryan off the bed in excitement, who makes a loud thud and groan on the floor.

"oh my god, are you okay?" I ask him. I just earn a thumbs up before rylan starts up again.

"what do you mean you "think" you almost kissed?" completely ignoring the fact she had just pushed Bryan off the bed who still hasn't returned.

"well uh we were really close to each other and he kept looking at my lips. I slightly panicked and backed away."

"GIRL WHAT? YOU ALMOST KISSED AND YOU BACKED AWAY?"

"rylan shut up! his rooms right there!" I point to the wall behind my bed.

"girl still, WHAT?"

"I don't know, I just slightly panicked."

"you should ask him for that coffee date."

my head turns towards Bryan who's now sat up on the floor.

this makes rylan nod her head aggressively, "ooo do it! do it!"

I just shake my head at the two of them, standing up to look for shoes.

"what are you doing?" rylan ask from behind me.

"well dummy I'm looking for shoes to go ask Noah on that coffee date."

It doesn't take long until I have shoes on, my phone, wallet and keys in my hand.

rylan and Bryan left my room cheering like 12 year old fan girls to which I could only roll my eyes at them.

as soon as I'm stood at his door I start regretting my decision. my hands start to become clammy and shake.

but I'm thrown off those emotions the second a hand makes contact with the door before disappearing. panic is the only thing that radiates from my body as I watch rylan run down the hall giggling with Bryan.

the door swings open and I'm instantly met with the comfort that radiates off of Noah. he's wearing dark sweats plus a bad omens hoodie.

"h-hey."

"hey, what's up?" he smiles at me.

"so uh," I pause. "coffee?" I smile up at him.

his smile only seems to brighten even more.