IX

5 days a counting since the fight.

5 days of packing his shit and making sure I didn't forget any of it.

5 days of nothing but silence from his side.

"roni, I'm telling you! dump his ass!" Charolette exclaims while we both have a glass of wine in my living room.

"oh believe me I am. he's a fucking douche." I giggle as the alcohol slowly makes its way into my body and mind. she doesn't laugh but to be fair it wasn't that funny.

"here's to you finally taking control! a true boss ass bitch!" she holds her glass up to cheers and I do the same.

I stare at the box of his clothes and random gifts he's given me by the door. a feeling of warmth spreads through me whether it's the alcohol or the feeling of freedom.

I should burn it.

"we are going on a trip." I say putting my wine down.

"uh where to?"

"the fire place."

I grab the box and walk the 5 steps to the fire place before shoving it inside.

"wait are you sure you wanna burn all that? Isn't there like a diamond necklace in there?" she stands and walks to me.

"nothing in that box has value, diamond or not. if it came from him, it's worth nothing." and without hesitation I light the match and throw it inside the box and watch it slowly encase in flames. I throw in another one for safe measure and then a third.

I turn back swiftly and take a seat back on the couch before chugging the rest of my glass. Charolette stands there for a second longer before hesitating to sit back down. I ignore the fact that she's acting weird and pour myself another glass, wishing it was something stronger.

"tomorrow's gonna be the best day of my life." I say with a drunkenly smile.