VIX

the night was actually fun for once.

everyone included me in conversations, games, pictures, etc.

I wasn't sitting by myself in a corner, instead Bryan constantly pulled me to play a game of some sort.

the music isn't too loud, but it's loud enough for everyone to sing along to.

Jolly stands up and walks towards me, "may I have this dance?" he says in an incredibly bad British accent, his Swedish accent coming through instead.

"sure." I laugh.

I take his hand and we both start dancing. it's more like dramatically swaying back and fourth and laughter emitting from out lips.

he spins me before pulling me back into the arms.

"he likes you." he says loud enough for just the two of us to hear.

"who?" my eyebrows pinch together in confusion.

he scoffs and rolls his eyes jokingly, "Noah, duh!"

now I'm even more confused, "we've literally only talked a few times, there's no way he likes me."

"and sharks know camels exist," he rolls his eyes. "he hasn't taken his eyes off you since you got here, ya goober."

"goober?" I laugh out loud.

he nods his head with a very proud smile on his face, and slightly tilts his head to the side telling me to look.

I turn my head and look over in the direction of where I was sitting and find Noah watching us dance with a far away look in his eyes.

"he looks bored." I say.

jolly lets out a noise that's similar to a laugh, "if jealousy is the new bored, then yeah he does."

I roll my eyes at him, "since he's SO jealous of us, why don't you offer him a dance?"

"oh my god, you're a genius! hold on," jolly lets go of me and grabs Noah, pulling him up from his spot and drags him over.

I go to mover over so they can have room, "no no no missy, where are you going? you two are going to dance!"

both Noah and I share a shocked look, but except our fates.

I look at Jolly who just winks before going back to the group who are all invested in a game of uno.

it was quiet between the two of us for a few minutes.

"did he at least promise you a dance?" I ask.

he looks confused by my question but then realizes, "yeah, but then as you see, he ditched me."

a small laugh escapes me, "how dare he!"

"I know right? way to break a man's heart." he jokes. "are you having a good time?"

"yeah, I am. it's nice honestly, everyone here is great. it's nice not sitting in a corner all night."

he smiles at that, "well I'm glad you're enjoying the night."

"me too." I smile up at him.

——

"you sure you don't wanna just crash here tonight?" Noah asks me.

"yeah, I haven't had a sip of alcohol unlike everyone else here. I promise I'll be safe, I don't live far from here."

"you're leavinggg?" I very drunk Bryan whines.

I let out a soft laugh as I see him laying on the couch in a very uncomfortable position.

"I am," I'm cut off by another whine from the drunken man.

"whyyyy?"

I fight back laughter, "it's 4am Bryan, go to sleep, I'll text you when I arrive home. now don't die on me, I'll see you later."

the only response I get is snoring.

I let out a sigh.

"come on, I'll walk you out to your car."

I nod and follow Noah.

"tonight was fun, thank you."

"I do suppose our dance was fun." he jokes which earns him a smile.

I unlock my car as we get closer.

"so uh can I ask you something?" he asks.

"yeah, what's up?" I face him.

"I'll be gone for a few months, but uh," he pauses for a second. "when I get back, would you wanna grab some coffee? or dinner?"

"like a date?"

I watch as he stumbles over his words, "n-no. I mean o-only if you want it to be."

I let out a soft laugh, "coffee sounds nice, Noah."

"yeah?"

I nod my head, "yeah, it's a date."

his smile widens, "great."

"have a good night Noah."

"you too, text me when you get home?"

"yeah."

his next action shocks me.

he plants a sweet gentle kiss on my cheek, "drive safe, okay?"

"I always do."

——

question...

if I wrote a fanfic about another boy from the band, who should it be?