XXIII

knocking sounds on my door, leaving me to discard my notebook and open the door.

"I hope that this is a good time?" noah somewhat questions.

"y-yeah of course, come in." I open the door wider for him and I see that he's brought his guitar and a carry out bag in his other hand.

"I also brought you some pasta from the restaurant, I know you weren't hungry but I just wanted to bring you something for later." he says handing me the bag.

"thank you," I smile up at him setting the bag down on the table. "I was just writing some stuff down."

"can I hear it?" he asks gesturing to the notebook that lies open on the bed.

I just nod my head, and grab the notebook and sit crisscrossed on the bed. he opens the guitar case and gently hands it to me before sitting at the table in front of the bed.

"I'm not sure if its 100% yet, but uh yeah." I softly clear my throat.

he gives me an encouraging smile and watches patiently for me to get the right chords.

[puppet - cate downey]

"If you said "jump", I'd leap
If you said "stay", I'd cling
If you said "go", I'd leave
but I wouldn't want to."

"if you said "wait", I'd stop
in my tracks I'm not
good at giving up this tunnel vision."

"I'm in the palm of your hands
watch me dance just for you
you feel amused yet, baby?
I'll keep dancing while you wreck my plans
fuck my head
baby please, can't you see it's killing me?
being the puppet on your string."

"you truly never fail to surprise me. you have incredible talent, Weasley." his smile warms my heart.

"thank you, I uh started writing on the plane. I guess being in a fucked up relationship can lead to great songs." I joke with a smile.

"I'd cheers to that, do you have any more?"

"uh yeah," I grab the notebook handing it to him. "here, you pick one."

I watch him as he flips through the pages, his focus on the book as if it was the most interesting thing.

I had just given him the book that contains my soul. he could destroy it if he wanted to, just like mark, except I don't think I could be mad at him for doing so.

"this one." his voice brings me out of my daze. locking eyes with his, I just know I was caught staring.

I softly take the book back, fingers softly brushing against his. my breath catching in my throat when I make eye contact with him once more.

we just stare at each other for a few moments. every thought I had before, diminished. now replaced with the simple thought of what it would be like to feel his lips on mine.

I watch his eyes swiftly gaze at my lips and it only makes the thoughts louder.

I stand there for a second longer before abruptly shaking those thoughts away and taking my seat back on the bed.

"okay." I say quietly.

I pick the guitar back up and begin working through the song, reading the lyrics.

of course he chose one that was inspired by him. if only he knew.

[GUESS IM IN LOVE - Clinton kane]

"and why do I get so nervous when I look into your eyes?
butterflies can't stop me falling for you."

"and darlin, this is more than anything I felt before
you're everything that I want, but I didn't think I'd find
someone who is worth the wait of all the years of my heartbreak
but I know now I found the one I love."

when I finally look up at him he has an unreadable look in his eyes, almost as if he's deep in thought.

"it's just the chorus so far, haven't really thought of anything else to say."

"it's beautiful, roni."

"thank you, Noah."

he goes to say something but we're both interrupted by the knocking once again on my door.