XIV

I pull into my driveway taking no notice of the body sat next to my front door. I only notice him when I get out and he speaks.

"where were you?"

my body freezes.

Marks sat outside my door, I'm basically stuck out here with him.

"what are you doing here?" I stay in my spot, not making a step closer towards my door and him.

"I've been out here all night! where the hell were you? fucking some other dude?" he scoffs.

"please not like you haven't been fucking my best friend behind my back." I roll my eyes finally making an effort to get to my door.

he puts his arm in front of me, blocking my way.

"so you were fucking another guy. who was it? Bryan? Noah? hmm?" his face is close to mine and he has a predatory look in his eyes.

"mark, move!" I say firmly, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

I go to duck under his arm but he shoves me back. my back hits the wall beside me, hard. the air leaves my lungs.

"you're MINE! Veronica, MINE!" he spits in my face.

"you should've thought about that before you fucked my best friend and laid your hands on me, Markus. you need to leave!"

"it's not my fault that you wouldn't let me fuck you like the little whore you are!"

"Markus leave! I won't hesitate to call the cops. get your fucking hands off of me and walk away!"

he falters for a second at the mention of the cops, I take that as a chance to push him away and get into the house. locking the door quickly before he makes an effort to get in.

there wasn't knocking on the door or screaming. it's silent. I let out a loud sigh before my body slides down the door and onto the floor. sobs leave my throat before I can stop them.

"call me if you need anything."

his voice rings in my mind. I don't make a move to do it though. I just sit here numbly staring at the wall.

——

I strum the chords on my guitar, it's about 3am in the morning and once again my mind is plagued by Noah.

when I think of Noah, all the horrid thoughts of Mark leave my mind. I become at peace.

the words of  'enchanted' leave my mouth in a soft hum. the rain outside falls in on my windows at a steady pace.

my phone dings beside me leaving me to stop strumming and to look at it.

it's an unknown number.

xxx-xxx-xxxx : hey, it's Noah. I know I gave you my number and I hope it's not a problem, but I just really wanted to make sure that you're okay. you're probably asleep right now so just let me know you're okay when you can :)

me : hey, it's no problem at all. I'm okay, thank you for asking :)

Noah : of course :) like I said earlier, I'm always here if you need anything.

the smile upon my lips make my cheeks hurt, I feel like a giddy little kid. something I never truly felt with Mark.

I put my phone down and decide it's time to lay down for the night.

I put everything away and lay down with a sigh as I stare up at the ceiling.

what is it with him? and why does he make me feel this way?