CHAPTER-20

"2 lakh do aur fir apni dulhan ke pass jaao" advika's friends who were at viraj's house demanded money from him to enter his room where his newly wedded bride was waiting for him.
"bas 2? ye lo 7 lakh ka cheque and let me enter the room" he said giving the cheque to them leaving advika's friends mouth hanging open. they couldn't believe that he gave him so much money. no wonder he was a rich man.
They removed themselves from the entrance and saw the groom hurriedly entering the room. his hands were fumbling trying to open the door knob.
"ye main kar deta hoon" said ved smiling too much sweetly towards him and opening the door for him.

Viraj entered the room. He turned around to lock the door. Just as he turned his face in direction of her, his breath hitched. Sitting on the bed, with a veil covering her face, she looked surreal to him. how was she real? a question he daily asked the god.
He took steps in her direction. Advika felt the bed dip meaning he sat down. Advika was fidgeting with her fingers, because she was scared. honestly, scared would be an understatement because the feelings she was feeling were on a whole new different level. No wonder viraj was able to figure it out. He closed his hand around advika's which was closed in a fist. "Don't be scared. Please" he whispered.
she nodded. He removed the veil which was annoying him because it was hiding his jaan's face from his sight.
As soon as he took a glimpse of her face, he closed his eyes.
He pinched himself trying to make himself believe that everything is real!!
Seeing this advika laughed and laughed. Viraj felt content looking at her. "You must be feeling tired in this heavy outfit and jewellery. Let me help you" he said not thinking what he said and how it sounded like.
Advika looked up at him with wide eyes.
"Oh god, i am sorry. I meant let me help you with this jewellery and pins in your hair. i am sorry if you felt uncomfortable" he immediately apologized.
Advika nodded and started removing her jewellery. Viraj asked her to sit in front of the mirror so she did. He started removing all the pins from her hair. "Ahhh" she moaned in pain when a pin pulled her hair.
"i am sorry. I'll be careful from now" he said turning his full focus on her hair.
After removing so many pins, he was surely tired and shocked looking at the amount of pins.

"You can go and take a shower first" he offered. She nodded and ran away in the washroom. He understood how it must be uncomfortable for her because it was same for him. He never shared his space with anyone. He didn't liked sharing his things but now he knew he had to change his habits. Meanwhile in the washroom, advika was looking at herself in the mirror. She was wondering HOW IT WAS REAL? SHE WAS REALLY MRS KHADUS NOW!!
"What if i kicked him while sleeping?" She stressed. Thinking about sleeping made her think about something else too. She blushed and shook her head trying to get rid of all the dirty thoughts.
She took a quick shower and wore her sleeping clothes. She came out of the washroom. Looking for her husband but he was nowhere in sight.
She wondered where did he go? But soon the door of the room opened and viraj entered with a glass of chocolate milk. He came in front of her and gave her the glass.
She looked up at him with confusion because no one knew that she couldn't sleep without chocolate milk except her family.
"umm... aun-aunty told me about your this habit" he answered scratching his neck. Advika couldn't believe that this 6ft something guy with this body was such a cutie.
She smiled at him and said "thank you".

He took his pillow and a blanket from the bed and settled on the couch. Advika looked at him with confusion and said "why are you sleeping there?"
"you are comfortable with both of us sleeping on the same bed?" he asked
Advika nodded.
"Oh" he said thinking how he was overthinking this part of their night since so many days.
Advika patted the place beside her. Viraj stood up with his stuff and went back to the bed. Viraj did not wanted to make her feel uncomfortable with anything. He thought that she will feel uncomfortable if somehow he touched her unintentionally in his sleep. But advika was scared that what if she kicked him while sleeping?

Advika and viraj both layed side by side on their bed. Both were thinking alot of things but none at the same time.
"can you kiss me?" asked advika out of the blue leaving viraj in shock.
"Wh-what" he whispered
"you heard me right. i want you to kiss me but it's okay if you don't want to. i understand the circumstances in which we got married" said advika turning away from him but she was unable to do so because as she was turning around, viraj caught her wrist and kissed her on forehead.
"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, advika. i know you don't feel comfortable right now" he whispered
Advika looked up at him words on her lips that there won't be a second where she feels uncomfortable with him but those words never came out.
She felt content thinking that her husband thinks so much about her. somehow he knew that she was feeling uncomfortable because of the new life they were about to live together.

"Advika? you sleep with eyes opened?" said viraj breaking the fake scenario of advika. She shook her head and mentally face palmed herself.
i made up everything?  thought advika.

Viraj looked at her once and wished her good night. He went to sleep leaving advika alone with her thoughts.
shaadi ki first night itni boring hoti hai? she got disappointed mentally. she had alot of dreams for her wedding's first night due to the movies and novels she liked.
She mentally sighed and closed her eyes to go the dreamland.

! NEXT DAY !

Viraj woke up feeling some hair in his mouth. He opened his eyes and saw his jaan's head resting on his chest while she was occupying the most space on the king sized bed. He smiled looking at her carefree sleeping form. He did not wanted to wake her up so he carefully placed her head down on the pillow from his chest.

He went to the washroom to get ready for the day.

Advika woke up rubbing her eyes and looked at the time. It was 9'o clock. She started running towards the washroom but bumped into the figure coming out from the washroom. She wondered who was using her room's washroom? She thought it must be aki but when did he got so muscular and tall?
Dismissing all the thoughts she said "side hato, college ke liye late ho jaaungi" pushing viraj to side.
Catching him off guard. When she realised who it was, she turned towards him and whispered "sorry sorry" and closed the door.
Like a lovestruck puppy viraj smiled to himself witnessing his wife's cute antics.

Advika came out of the washroom after showering and sat in front of the vanity.
She was wearing a anarkali suit with dori on back side. Seeing her struggling with the dori, viraj asked "May I?"
She nodded
He took the dori and started tying it. his fingers accidentally touching her exposed skin made shivers run down her spine which made viraj take a shuddered breath.

As he tied the last knot, advika's back touched his chest. Leaving both of them freezed. From his glasses, viraj made eye contact with her. Both of them looking at each other through the mirror. Making the room's temprature hot.

Viraj looked down at her neck which was adorned with the mangalsutra. He bent down and placed a kiss on her neck.
Advika turned around with something in her hand and put it in front of him. He looked down and found a little box containing sindoor.
He took a pinch of it and put in the maang of her. Telling her that he is her husband now, she is his and he is hers.
Warmth spreaded in the veins of advika.

Getting ready for her first day as a wife was a whole new experience in itself. Viraj was waiting for her to get ready so they could go downstairs together.
Advika was setting up her dupatta and slowly ran towards the door where viraj was leaning with his black shirt's sleeves rolled up and 2 buttons opened. She gulped looking at him. He smirked and said "aaj college nahi hai fyi"
Advika squealed in embarrassment hiding her face with dupatta. This made viraj laugh.
Advika rolled her eyes and said "ab hasna band karein aur chalein neeche"

______________________________________

finally i completed this chapter which was sitting in my drafts since a week.
I am not satisfied with this update but i have mid terms next week so If i don't update for a little while then please forgive me in advance but that's not possible cause I can't restrain myself from writing.

I hope you enjoyed the update

Happy reading<3