CHAPTER-2

I woke up at 7am, brushed my teeth and went down to have breakfast. Mom was sitting with pap on couch and aki was nowhere in sight. "where is aki?" I asked them. "he went to the neighbours" replied mom continuing drinking her tea, I nodded in understanding. "he went to give them sweets as they are our new neighbours before you start enquiring us about the reason" said dad. I scrunched my nose in response and sat on the other couch to have my breakfast as our dining table was still at our previous house.

I heard the doorbell ringing. Mom went to open the door. "dude that next door living guy is like an alpha male" aki said "yes just like in your romcom movies and books" he spoke before I could say anything. "auhhhh so you likey likey him?" I teased him. "nah I don't swing that way. You know it he said without an expression on his face. He started having his breakfast. We all spent our morning waiting for our furniture and other things to arrive.

In noon the moving company came with our things. We all went outside to help each other bring stuff inside. "aki yaar this is so heavy. I can't carry it" I said "no dude I am in no place to help you out cause I still have to take all this stuff inside" he said while motioning towards a big pile of boxes. "so what should I do now" I asked "maybe put your tantrums aside and try to do some work?" he said stating the obvious.

For the past 10 mins I was trying to carry this heavy box but I failed to do this. Just as I was struggling to carry the box, a man came and took the box from my hands while saying "here let me do it" he said in his gravely deep voice. I stood their stunned. Maa's voice came from behind "show him where to put the box you silly girl" I came out of my frozen state and said "oh- okay, let's go" while walking inside home.

We entered my room"here. Keep it her- AHHH BE CAUTIOUS" I screamed. "these candles are precious to me" I said justifying my actions. "okay my apologizes" he said. I made a face at his answer but that face became expressionless cause I didn't notice his face before. He was nearly 6ft and had little subtle. His glasses were oddly suiting his black eyes. His eyes- yes his eyes were black, not ordinary black but like the nights where you are all alone and scared. That kind of black. One look at him and you know this guy spends his free time going on runs, gym or sports. His white t-shirt was giving him a carefree look. I heard someone clap in front of me so I started clapping too. When I noticed that I was staring at him and that's why he clapped. I hid my hands behind my back. "oh sorry" I apologised blushing. He nodded and asked me if there was something else in which I needed his help. "no thank you so much for helping him out. Aki didn't help me out because of him. you had to so I apologise"

Even though he pretty much had an expressionless face, I could notice his change in mood. "so can i leave now?" he asked. "ofcourse" I answered. Was my company that bad so he needed to leave this early? How rude. Advi stop acting like you wanted to spend more time with him and get to work. I thought to myself and left the room and went outside where maa was talking to aki.

(at night)

"advi did you meet that alpha male?" "the guy who helped me?" oh he radiated dominance. So he must be the same guy aki told me about. "what will you have for dinner?" maa asked "nothing" me and aki replied in unison. " okay so go to your rooms and get ready to sleep" said maa. We went to our respective rooms. In my room I did my night routine and went to sit on the window corner. I again saw a shadow on my front view window. I was staring at the window as hard as I could. Suddenly the curtains opened and alpha male came into sight. I got surprised and fell to the floor.

------------------------------

Happy reading<3