CHAPTER-16

~ 3 rd  p o v ~

"hello? yes dad?" Viraj picked up his father's call who was sitting in his lounge with advika's parents discussing the picture they got from their business partner.
Everyone in the business world was talking about viraj and advika which was not a good sign for singla enterprises.

"son, is advika with you?" his father asked him.
"Yes dad" viraj replied
"I need to you both to come back home fast and meet me in our lounge" he cutted the call ordering him.
Viraj got worried because his dad never orders him and in this tone.

Viraj gently shook the sleeping form of advika who was laying on sofa. She did not budge and told viraj to go away. After 10 mins of trying to wake her up, he failed. So he did the only logical thing which he could do at this time, which was picking her up bridal style. He cautiously picked her up to not wake her up and started walking towards the exit of the house. Everyone was giving them glances but did not say anything as they all thought that they both were dating.

Seeing the position of both of them. Viraj's friend did a little "ouhhh" with a smirk but viraj shut him up with a glare Because he did not wanted to wake her up.
He continued walking towards his car with his love in his arms and worries on his mind.

He opened the passenger door of the car and made advika sit comfortably. Her sleepy self sat awake and then dozed off again. He sat in the car and drove towards his house.

After a drive of 30mins, they reached their house. Viraj woke advika up to tell her about how his dad called both of them at his house. Advika woke up while rubbing her eyes.
"Are we home?" She mumbled sleepily.
"yeah but i want to tell you something" viraj said
Advika sat up straight thinking is he about to confess or something?
"wh-what?" She stuttered
"Our parents want us to be present at my house" he informed her breaking the news
"what? why?" She looked at him wide eyed. He shook her head.
At the same time, viraj's phone rang.
He picked it up, telling his father that they both are outside and leaving the car.

They left the car and reached the told place. Before entering the room, viraj gave advika his coat because advika felt uncomfortable with her dress and going to meet his parents in the same clothes. Entering the room, They both were unaware of the bomb their parents were about to explode on their heads.
Their parents were sitting in a tensed environment. Seeing upon their faces, they both got worried and shared a worried glance.
Their mothers gave them a strained smile which could tell that something bad is about to come.

Viraj decided to break the silence and asked "Dad, what's the matter?"
Advika's veins were filled with anxiety as soon as she saw her parent's faces. Viraj took that in understanding and advised her to sit first and talk later. She did as he said and sat beside him.

"What we know is that you both went to a party together" viraj's dad spoke.
Viraj tensely nodded. "What we didn't knew is that you both were seeing each other" viraj's dad said making both the accused share shocking stares.
"Dad what are you even saying?" He said with disbelief
"Then explain this" his dad shoved the phone with their picture in his hand. Advika's dad showed the picture to her too.

Viraj looked at his dad with surprise expression on his face and said "dad it's not what it looks like" he defended advika and himself.
"Okay I won't ask you for explaination but you have to do something to get rid of the rumours you created because of your carelessness" his dad spoke with a dominating voice, making advika more anxious.
Viraj helplessly glanced at advika who was sitting their with her eyes down and fidgeting with her hands.

"Okay tell me what can we possibly do to tackle this situation" viraj asked his dad in a strained voice.
"You both will have to get married" his dad spoke the sentence like it was nothing special leaving viraj and advika shocked to their core.
Before viraj could say anything his dad spoke up "me and advika beta's parents have already discussed it and we both don't have any questions to our decision. it's your turn to ask us questions but you don't have the choice to defy us now"

Viraj knew he was helpless in this situation. He wanted to make her a part of his life by marrying her but not like this. He never imagined a marriage of convenience in between them. He would've accepted her rejection but he won't be able to accept if she rejected him as her husband. his heart can't possibly take that. So he asked his dad " what about her? What about advika's consent dad?"

"I accept the proposal" came her reply. He looked at her with disbelief thinking about how she was ready to marry him but then thought that maybe even she was helpless in front of her parents.

"Okay now it is decided that you both are getting married. We will keep the date in this month only" viraj's dad announced.
"it is so little time. we have so much to do!!" Viraj and advika's mom objected.
"Manage the time we have on our hands" both dads grumbled looking at their wives.

"Let me bring sweets to celebrate the auspicious news" viraj's mom went to the kitchen.
None of the elders were worried regarding the marriage because they both knew that viraj and advika liked each other but didn't confess yet. Actually their pictures from college were already viral in the business world which they both were unaware of but the today's picture made everyone go nuts over them.

Viraj and advika were feeling too shy to look at each other so they kept their eyes anywhere but in the direction of each other. Viraj's mom made advika to eat the sweet and kissed her head saying sweet things to her. Hearing all the sweet words coming out of his mom's mouth for her future wife made viraj's stomach do a somersalt.
While advika was trying to not to blush.

It was decided that they will have roka tomorrow. All the elders hugged each other happily and advika's family left for their home. While leaving advika turned her head to look at the only person her eyes looked for there days, he was standing at the top of the stairs, looking at her with a thought about how she was going to become his now. They both made an eye contact and then advika got all shy and finally left.

After everyone in both families went to their rooms to sleep as it was quite late. Viraj and advika were standing at their respective windows. They both were quite but somehow the silence between them spoke about the thoughts they were having regarding their future.
In the span of 15 mins, no one spoke a word but only looked at each other occasionally which made advika shy and she decided to close her window.

Viraj's heart got a little sad but he thought that maybe she was feeling awkward after the decision their parents took today for them which will decide their future.
After a little while, viraj closed his window too and they both dozed off to sleep thinking about the tomorrow's ceremony. They both will be tied together in a holy relationship tomorrow which will make them be available to only each other. They both will belong to each other only.
The night awaited for the tomorrow's sun to come out with new beginning and happiness.

______________________________________

note:- i am sorry if i explained anything wrong regarding the holy ceremony. If you find anything wrong then please correct me with the right information. So that me and other readers can learn.

ahhh, they both are about to get married!!!! Did you expect this turn in their story? I honestly did not *says this like i am not the one who created them*

I am honestly so excited for the next chapters. I am looking forward towards their marriage and after marriage chapters.

And we hit 1k reads today which is honestly a big milestone for me. I want to thank every single person who decided to click on this book and give a new author like me a chance.
I am so grateful to have you all.
Thank you.

I hope you enjoyed the update

happy reading<3