-* Mason Verger *-

• valentines POV
• Baltimore, Maryland
I'm using the Mason from the Hannibal film not the series because I find him more cooler ;)
Long chapter too so don't say I don't treat you 💋

Preparing my tie properly, I stood at the bottom of the castle like home, admiring the historic pillars and carved stone of goblins.

"Ah, mr. Valentine" called out a posh accent, coming from the small slender men with a receding hairline jogging down the stairs to meet me.
"I'm Cordell, Mr. Vergers assistant" he held his hand out to shake with a formal smile, yet I just slanted my head over at him. His smile then faded briefly before putting it back on, allowing his hand to drop back to his side.
"Ah, I see. You're here for business. Right this way" cordell then turned to jog back up the stairs. Glancing to my right, was one of my men I brought along for backup and the other staying in the vehicle. Tying my blazer buttons together, I then hurried up the stairs into the castle.

The interior of this home was vintage but priceless, with a large eel in the tank and other trophies of extinct or barely extinct animals - Grace would hate this home. Still following behind Cordell, I ran my hand through my slicked back hair as he pushed open two large doors revealing a large bedroom and in the centre, a grand king bed with curtains around it. Once I hesitantly entered, I could hear the repetitive beep from machines around the bed.

"Cordell, Cordell? Where's my lunch?" A voice spoke out from the bed, with a certain speech difficulty.

"Mason, you have a visitor" Cordell instead replied, his eyes falling onto me standing in the room with my eyes fixated on the bed.

"Ah... I see. Leave us Cordell" Mason ordered, his tone now sounding excited.

"I thought I'd stay... maybe I can be of-" Cordell asked hesitantly.

"You can be of use... getting me my lunch" Mason spat, causing Cordell to close the doors behind him in a heartbeat.
"Mr. Valentine, I would be delighted to see your face" he begged off me, like a child on the first day of school. With my grand strides, my shoes clanking against the marble flooring I made my way to the side of the bed and barely making a figure out through the curtains. Pulling them to the side, revealed a bed bound man watching the tv built in his bed frame, his face hidden in the dark.
"Very lovely to see you, mr. Valentine. I am grateful you could fit me into your busy schedule" he mocked, licking his lips.

"I see... now you'd like to discuss about Hannibal Lecter perhaps?" I remarked, taking a seat by the bed while my brute stood by my side with his hands in front of me.

"Oh yes yes. Oh, would you prefer to have a light?" He offered, but before I could respond he turned on some lights built in the bed with a remote by his crippled fingers revealing his chewed up face that could only be described as chewing gum. One eye slit in the middle making him blind, his lips missing causing his speech impediment with a hole in his throat where his breathing tube went. Pillows towered behind his sorry back that seemed to have been fluffed every half hour. However, my face never altered but instead became more stern.
"Now, let's get down to business" he muttered.

"You were his patient wasn't you?" I remarked, slanting my head to the side. Mason then began to chuckle, yet his dry mouth kept making sounds that didn't sound like laughter.

"What gave it away?" He joked, unable to turn his head much. Once he saw not even a sliver of a humorous smile appear on my face, he then mellowed down.
"You know, I thank god for what happened. It was my salvation. Do you believe in god, mr. Valentine?" He questioned me politely, his one working eye staring me up and down. Clasping my hands together as I manspreaded for my elbows to rest on each knee, I let out a long exhale through my nose.