-* The Search *-

• Valentine's POV
• Paris, France

"I don't PAY you to sit and conspire where the fucking shit my daughter is with some sadistic fucked up cannibal eating asshole. Do you understand me?" I reprimanded my men who were all staring at the CCTV all day long.
"And a response may fucking help!" I aimlessly raised my shoulders up at them all.

"Boss, we're close" one shouted out.

"How close. Huh?" Once he didn't reply, I began to groan to myself, gripping onto my hair and rushing out of the room. Pacing over to the kitchen, I rushed to sit on the stool nearly knocking it onto the floor before I caught myself off the counter corner. Itching my stubble, I prepared myself a glass of whiskey accompanied by a line as a way to keep my awake while I stared down at the photos of my daughter being dragged away again. Then, my phone got a call of an unknown number and once I answered it, there was silence on the other line.

"Mr. Valentine, is it?"

"Speaking. Who is this may I ask?"

"You don't know me but I know you. You're a very respectable man indeed, I hear great things"

"... I'm sorry but I-"

"Yes, I know missing daughter that must be just terrible. The names verger. Mason verger. You see, I couldn't help but notice your little bounty for Dr. Lecter and it didn't take me long to do the polka-dots on this little charade. You have no idea what you're up against"

"I have done my research mr. Verger"

"Please, Mason"

"No. I'd prefer we keep this professional, if you wouldn't mind"

"No. Not at all. You see, your research isn't as practical as first hand experience.. do you have your listening ears now?"

"..perhaps"

"I had my men in Florence, then he was chased out by god knows. Now, I know he's in Paris thanks to you and your welcome party. If we align strengths, as it seems you need more brutes than techs, then we get your daughter alive and I have Lecter alive"

"That isn't going to work"

"Ohh why not, it would be easy as pie a simple win-win"

"I want my hands on Lecter"

"Oh, I do love a practical man.. fine, fine. I live in Baltimore, Maryland. I'd love we have a chat face to face, you never know who's listening these days and it has been indeed longer than 30 seconds"

"Alright... you have yourself a deal"

"Eeeexcellent. I would say I'd have the courtesy to buy your flight ticket but I'm sure you won't have an issue doing that yourself... ta-ta"

• Graces POV

With my hair tied in a bun, I adjusted my fallen vest strap back onto my shoulders as I placed my gardening gloves back on and headed over to the table to place my aloe Vera and cactuses etc into my desired pots. While collecting the soil and dirt, Hannibal opened up the door and went to smile at me until he saw the dirt I had scattered on the dining table.