A Hot Piece of 'A'

Start from the beginning

"Why?" Isabel frowned.

"He's the best way that we can get information off of this," Spencer urged, holding up the phone.

"Leave him out of this," Hanna snapped.

"But he's our best shot at tracing this back to 'A'," Spencer argued. Best shot? Like Isabel was just gonna let Caleb be shooting practice for 'A'?

"There are other people," Isabel said loudly. "It doesn't need to be Caleb."

"We'll take it to the phone store tomorrow," Hanna agreed.

"The- the phone store?!" Spencer stuttered in disbelief.

"Well, then, call technical support!" Isabel yelled. "We can have someone in Pakistan do it!"

"Hanna, Isabel, we need Caleb!" Spencer shot back. "This can't wait until tomorrow. Once 'A' realizes it's missing-!"

"I get it, okay?" Hanna snapped. "But this phone is connected to Jenna and officer Garrett. Caleb already has bad history with her and the police. We're not going there!"

"Okay, but if he can find something that finally nails the two of them together- at least consider it," Emily sighed.

"Hanna, Isabel, come on, think this through," Aria huffed.

"We are!" Hanna yelled. But Isabel wasn't thinking. There was no way she was going to let Spencer drag Caleb into this 'A' mess, and that decision was final.

"Okay, you done thinking?" Spencer snapped. "'Cause we're running out of time here. Wait, is Caleb still crashing with Lucas? Where's Lucas' house? I'll go over right-"

"Spencer, stop giving us orders!" Isabel shouted.

"We're not your winged monkeys!" Hanna agreed.

"Guys, stop!" Aria said hastily. "There's got to be a way that we can get Caleb to help without-"

Suddenly, the phone started ringing.

"Answer it," Isabel scoffed, inching over.

"No, you answer it!" Spencer whisper-shouted as if the person on the other end could hear her, shoving it into Isabel's hands.

"Don't look at me, I've got a frickin' hole in my shoulder!" Isabel yelled, throwing it at Emily. As she said it, her shoulder seared with pain.

"Why me? I've got glass in my hair!" Emily argued.

"I'll answer it! What do you want me to say?" Hanna snapped, taking it out of her hands. "Should we tell them that we have the phone?"

"They'll know that when you say hello," Spencer scoffed.

"It's blocked," Hanna informed them as it kept ringing.

Suddenly, more glass shattered, making them all shriek.

"I've got Caleb's number! I'm calling him!" Emily gulped as they all ran out. What? How?

-

Isabel came back from the hospital. Turns out there was a shard of glass lodged in her back (ouch), but it was easily removed, and she thankfully didn't have a infection.