Through Many Dangers, Toils, and Snares

Start from the beginning

Spencer threw her trash bag at Emily. The contents were plastered all over Emily's clothes, and she gasped. Isabel lunged at Spencer , and the two wrestled on the ground. A couple guards pulled them apart, but Emily sprang on Spencer, and it started all over again.

"You guys, stop!" Hanna yelled.

"Whoa! Spencer, stop!" Aria shouted as Spencer took another swing at Isabel.

-

"I'm genuinely sorry that you and Samara didn't work out," Isabel said to Emily. The two of them were walking to their next class discussing Emily's relationship.

It's fine. Besides, 'A' can't hold those results over my head if I can't swim on the team anymore," Em shrugged, and Isabel smiled at her. "So, how's Jason? Sorry that I wasn't so... open to you two at first."

"Don't worry. All is forgiven," Isabel replied. "But, yeah, I... confronted him about the NAT club..."

"Oh. Well, what'd he say?" Emily frowned.

"Enough to make me realize that I should forgive him too. And I did. We were both messed up back then," Isabel explained. "We're back together now. I should say still together, seeing as we didn't really break up."

"At least your relationship is working out," Emily sighed.

"Come on, Em. I said that to you not so long ago, and look at me now," Isabel smiled, gently nudging her. "Though I probably just jinxed myself, and Jason will break up with me when he comes back." She added jokingly. Hopefully.

"Where is he, anyway? I haven't seen him around school," Emily replied.

He's in Georgia. Renovating his grandmother's place," Isabel told her as they approached her science class. "It's been kinda lonely without him."

"Aw," Emily grinned. They turned a corner and saw Hanna, Spencer, and Aria. They all glowered at one another, and Isabel and Emily stormed past them.

-

That night, the girls met up in the greenhouse. Isabel and Emily had gotten a text: 'You two were always my favorites. Want to make a deal?' -A.

Isabel showed the others the phone, smiling triumphantly.

"'A' took the bait," Emily grinned.

"We pulled it off!" Hanna agreed.

"'A' totally think we're not friends anymore," Isabel nodded, taking the phone back from Spencer.

"They think that we have real evidence," Aria added.

"Does it bother anybody that we don't actually have anything, we're just making it up?" Hanna frowned. Kind of...

"But Jenna and Garrett don't know that," Isabel said loudly, trying to silence her terrifying thoughts.

"It just scares me that the two of you are doing this alone," Spencer muttered.

"They're not gonna be alone. We'll be outside," Aria assured her.

"Yeah, but it's just the five of us," Hanna gulped. Wow, thanks for reassuring me, Isabel thought.

"Every time we ask someone for help, they end up collateral damage or backstabbing us," Isabel pointed out.

"Like Dr. Sullivan," Emily nodded.

"Or the traitor, Garrett," Aria agreed.

"It was so creepy to have to talk to him, but it was totally worth it to rattle the cage," Spencer sighed, and Isabel knew exactly what she was talking about. The NAT club.