chapter thirty-seven

Zacznij od początku

"How will your friends have time for me when they're so busy fighting you?" Loki asked, walking over to Tony and tapping him on the chest with his scepter. He looked down in confusion. He tried for the second time. "It should work."

"Well, performance issues," Tony said with a shrug. "You know? Not uncommon. One out of five..." Out of anger, Loki threw him across the room by the throat. "Jarvis. Anytime now."

Loki once again took Tony by the throat. "You will all fall before me." He threw Tony out the window and an elevator opened behind the God. A flash of gold and crimson sped past and hurried to Tony.

"And there's one other person you pissed off," Tony said, now in his metal suit. "His name was Phil."

⸻ ~~~ ⸻

"𝐒𝐎 𝐌𝐘 𝐉𝐎𝐁 𝐈𝐒 to sit here and watch them all fight?" Adelaide asked, crossing her arms at the computer. "I know you're my boss and all, but this is a really boring task."

Grace sighed and parked the blonde at the desk. "Your job is to make sure that they know what they're getting into," she corrected. "And, you know, if they start bickering with each other, just shout at them."

Adelaide tilted her head. "I do like to yell. Okay, I'll do it."

"Good, because I wasn't asking," Grace said, patting the young agent on her shoulder. She put in her earpiece and soon her nephew's voice filled her ears.

"Call it, Cap."

"Alright, listen up," Steve said and Grace smiled softly to herself hearing the command in his tone. "Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash. Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up."

"Ooh, he's swearing," Grace whispered to herself.

"You and me, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk? Smash."

"Sir." Grace turned around when she heard Maria's voice and saw her walking toward Nick. "The council's on."

Grace sighed, shaking her head. "'Cause that's what we need right now. Egotistical world leaders telling us what we're doing wrong." She looked at Maria. "Just how many buildings have been destroyed so far?"

"By the outer space army or the Avengers?"

Grace shrugged. "Both?"

"A lot," Maria replied and Grace let out a breath. "I think right now they just crashed into an office building, a history museum and Captain Rogers is currently on his way to a bank."

Grace nodded, running a hand through her hair. "Great."

⸻ ~~~ ⸻

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 Avengers — and SHIELD — had to face was a missile headed straight for New York. "Oh, son of a bitch," Grace groaned, walking into the room full of council members on their screen. "Are you idiots happy now?"

"Miss Stark, we—"

"Shut up," she snapped, silencing the council member. "Just shut up. Okay, because of your decision, there is a missile headed for a city full of civilians. Do you all understand that? You're upset with Nick's decision to send the Avengers out there that you what? Overrode his decision and sent a freaking missile toward Manhattan? What the hell is wrong with you, people? Because something must be wrong with you that you would authorize that."