034

•—•—•

~~~

—Chapter 34—

•—•—•

A thin line of blood trailed down from the point of the knife, slowly trickling down Jake's pale neck. His Adam's apple bounced up and down as he swallowed hard.

Jiseon was on edge again as she and the others froze at Jiseok's sudden appearance.

"My, how unfortunate. Your little escape plan was going so well, until it wasn't." The man chuckled. "I had an inkling that someone would come looking for you, and I was curious to see how far you'd get."

"Just give it up, Jiseok." Jungwon sneered, his sights set on the man holding his companion hostage. "You're outnumbered."

Jiseok laughed and continued his gloating, disregarding Jungwon's insistence.

Jiseon locked eyes with Jake who was calm despite the situation. His eyes flickered down towards the knife at his throat, asking her what he should do.

As Jiseok had his attention turned towards Jungwon, he took no notice of the silent exchange that was occurring between the two friends.

Jiseon had her body turned to the side, blocking her father's view of her hands which were moving around to indicate what Jake should do next.

She brought her fist up near her neck, jutting it outwards and pushing it down. She then two witched her shoulder, her elbow pointing backwards. Lastly, she lifted her chin.

Regardless of the minimal movement, Jake understood fully and clearly what she was trying to convey.

He raised his eyebrows and made a face to warn Jungwon - who was still looking at him - that he was going to do something.

Jungwon had one hand slightly concealed behind his back and he crossed his index and middle finger, waving it around. This was a signal to the other Enhypen members to be ready.

Jake then made his move.

He grabbed the knife with one his hands and pushed it away from his neck and forced it downwards. The blade cut deep into his flesh but he paid it no mind.

He then sent his other elbow digging into Jiseok's torso and slammed his foot into the front of the man's knee.

Jiseok, surprised by the sudden attack, let go of the knife and stumbled back and away from Jake.