019

•-•-•

~~~

-Chapter 19-

•-•-•

The others turned up after a few moments, save for Sunoo and Ni-ki. Jungwon directed them into the building, the doorway leading to a hallway with a staircase leading downwards at the far end and a number of closed doors lining the walls. There were four doors in total, two alongside each wall.

Jiseon, Heeseung, Jake, and Jay were each sent to scope out one of the rooms. To their disappointment, all of them were just old, empty offices. Nothing of note to be found in any of them.

There were only aged and broken-down desks and chairs scattered around the rooms, a thick layer of dust coating whatever held a surface of any kind. Jiseon spent some time going through drawers and file cabinets, but still to no avail.

A pit of unease began to settle in her stomach. It was quiet. Too quiet. If this had been an old hideout, why had no alarms gone off at their arrival?

Surely EXO would have had at least some sort of security system in place at some point. So why had it been so easy to just break in?

Pushing her worries to the back of her mind, she left the office and regrouped with the five others in the hallway and they reported the same findings as her.

Jungwon shook his head in dismay and waved them on, proceeding down the hallway and to the staircase to the bottom floor.

The stairs were just as dusty as the office rooms, the fine particles undisturbed by years of not being used. The black paint color had faded to a dark gray, showing its age.

The bottom and main floor of the old bank was in much better condition, Kai's mention of it previously being one of EXO's hideouts ringing true. The area was free of dust and debris, even having a small sitting area set up in one of the more empty sections of the room.

Along the edges were the old bank tellers' stations. Fancy wooden pillars framing a frosted glass pane with an opening in the center where the teller and customer exchanged business.

A small wooden counter jutted outwards alongside the bottom of the opening. There were no windows except for a small round one above the front door which was a solid oak material.

"Alright, guys. Let's sweep this place and plant some bugs." Jake said jokingly, rubbing his hands together.

Jungwon sent him a glare at his playfulness but nodded nonetheless, affirming the idea and going off to look through drawers or searching for any other hidden compartments.