010

•—•—•

~~~

—Chapter 10—

•—•—•

"I- uh, I'm looking for Lee Suhyuk. Is he here?" The boy stuttered, retracting his hand and resting it stiffly by his side.

"Lee Suhyuk...?" Jiseon feigned being deep in thought. "Is that is name? Yes, he's here. I'm afraid he's had a little too much to drink tonight as he passed out as soon as we came up here. Did you need him for something?"

"O-oh, I see. I apologize for barging in. Please let him know when he wakes up that Choi Jongho was requesting for him."

"Of course." Jiseon gave him another of her irresistible smiles and he sent a shaky one back before quickly stalking away from the room.

She let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding as she closed the door. Jay and Heeseung slithered out of the bathroom once more and went over to the bed to drag Suhyuk out, the former slinging him over his shoulders.

Choi Jongho...couldn't have been older than 18. Why are there so many young people mixing themselves up in this line of work? It's too dangerous...

No, I have no right to say that when I'm...

"Ji," Heeseung's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Let's go."

"Alright." She shook her head and retrieved her shoes, slipping them back on and heading for the door. She opened it and poked her head out, checking both ways before signaling that it was clear. She led the way down the hallway, away from the stairs, the two following behind her. Heeseung had his gun out and was holding it in front of him, scanning the rooms as the three passed.

At the very end of the hallway was a fire escape, the double door equipped with the push handles. A bright yellow warning read;

'WARNING: Fire Escape. Alarm will sound.'

The three looked at each other, nodding in agreement. Jiseon placed her hands on the handles, preparing to push them in and activate the alarm.

"Ready?" She whispered to her partners, to which they nodded once more, tensing their legs, ready to run as soon as the door was open. "Go."

She slammed open the doors, a shrill wailing sound immediately following suit. Heeseung and Jay raced past her, thundering down the escape staircase, Jiseon hot on their heels.