"Akshu, kya hua hai bacha. Why are you crying", asked Shefali in a soft tone. Abhi is dying to know that answer too.

"I don't know Bhabhi. Abhi ki awaz sunkr bas rona aa gya. I really don't know why I am so emotional right now. Aaj subah, jab mai bachon ko school drop krne jaa rhi thi tab bhi I am feeling so emotional, and after dropping them I just started crying. I don't know why" answered Akshara. 

Akshara doesn't know why she is feeling so emotional lately. Shefali and Abhi looked at each other. "Akshu, when was your last period?" asked Shefali. 

Abhi pulled his phone out and looked at Akshu's period tracker app. "29 July", shouted Abhi before Akshu could speak anything. Shefali smiled at him and Akshu blushed.

"Waah Abhi. I wish sabko tumhare jaisa husband mile", said Shefali mischievously. Abhira is blushing furiously listening to Shefali.  Shefali laughed loudly looking at their blushing faces.

"Acha ab blush krna band kro. Now, on a serious note. Akshu your period is late bacha and you are feeling very emotional lately. So I think you should do the pregnancy test", said Shefali.

"Pregnancy test. No Bhabhi, I can't be pregnant I am taking the pill religiously. I have not missed even a single pill, I swear. I can't be pregnant", shouted Akshara.

"Calm down, Akshara. I am not saying you are pregnant. I am just suggesting the possibility of it since you have symptoms of it", said Shefali to calm Akshu down. She is on the verge of hyperventilating again.

"Yes Akshu, baby calm down", said Abhi and Akshu calmed down instantly after hearing his voice.

"Okay, I will send Parth to the store to get some pregnancy test kits", said Shefali. She tries to get up and call her husband.

"Wait Bhabhi, you don't need to go anywhere. I have pregnancy test kits with me", replied Akshara shyly.

"Why do you have that", asked Shefali curiously.

"Bhabhi it is the mandatory procedure when you take the pill regularly", replied Abhi on Akshara's behalf. Shefali nodded her head. Akshara looked at Abhi to seek his support. He nodded his head and indicated towards her phone.

His message popped on her screen. "Just go for it. I am always with you. Whatever the result - we will always be together and deal with everything together. Abhira Promise 🤍"

Akshara nodded her head. Now she feels more confident than before. She got up and went to the bathroom to do the test.

Here Abhi is waiting for the results eagerly. He has two wonderful kids whom he loves dearly. Abhir is 10 years old and Anaira is 6 years old. They are content in their lives with two beautiful kids but if god decides to give them one more, he will happily take that blessing. He knows Akshara is a little scared but he is with her at every step. 

His reverie broke down when Akshara came back from the washroom with two tests in her hands.

"So, what's the verdict Akshu?", asked Shefali mischievously.

Akshu shook her head and replied meekly, "It's negative", said Akshara in a small voice. 

"Tumne ache se check kiya. Ho sakta hai, yeh wala test sahi na ho", said Abhi. 

"I did three tests Abhi, and all of them showed the same result. It's negative Abhi", said Akshara. 

"Akshara, are you okay?" asked Shefali cautiously. She didn't know how Akshara would react, so she was just a little cautious about it.

"I am okay Bhabhi. In fact, I am elated. I don't want any more kids. My two kids are enough for me. I am content with them. Due to our super hectic schedule, we can't give enough time to these two sometimes so adding one more to a mix would not be good for us", replied Akshara politely. 

Abhi and Shefali nodded their heads. Akshara is right. Abhira doesn't have enough time for the other kid. They are very busy right now both personally and professionally.

"Yes, you are right Akshara. I totally agree with you", said Shefali.

"Yes Bhabhi, I guess I have been so emotional from the stress of kids and fulfilling my professional commitments. That is why I think I am having a super duper-long PMS. So watch it out Abhi, I might bite your head off next", said Akshara.

Both Akshara and Shefali started laughing, giving high five to each other. They said goodbye to Abhi and turned off the iPad.

But Abhi is still not convinced. Akshara's period is a month late. She is never late. Her period comes like a clockwork. She has been under immense stress in past also. Still her period, comes on time. So what changes now? He prays to God it would be late because of stress just as she thinks and gets emotional because of PMS. It shouldn't be anything else.

"Hey Mahadev, meri Akshu ki raksha karna. Use theek rakhna. Humara wajood sirf us se hi hai", whispered Abhi holding his locket in his hand.

TO BE CONTINUED