Abhir Birla-II

"Your water broke", shouted Abhimanyu. His sleep vanished in an instant. He looks at his wife. She stands like a statue without blinking. He comes towards her and sees she is shivering, her face is pale. Abhimanyu quickly gained his equilibrium, his wife needed him. She is already very scared, he needs to be calm.

"Akshu, are you ok?" asked Abhi, while shaking her out of her trance. Akshara Birla finally comes out of her stupor and grabs her husband's hand tightly and whispers "It's too soon, Abhi. We still have two weeks left".

"I know baby, but it's going to be okay. You need to calm down. Our junior is coming into this world in a few hours. This is a happy time babe. We have waited for this period too long", Abhi tries his best to cheer her up. He did not want her to take tension because it will affect her health.

"Are you ok, do you feel any pain right now", he asked his wife in a calm tone. She shook her head and put her hand on her back indicating the back pain. Abhi nodded and helped her in getting rid of her soiled clothes. He removed her yoga pants, along with panties and a t-shirt. There is a little blood on her panties which scares him a little but he didn't show it in front of her.

"I will be right back in a minute", Abhi tells her and goes to bring her fresh clothes. He helps her in changing her clothes, brushes her hair quickly and helps her to sit on the bed.

"I will call Ma and Bhabhi. Be right back in minutes", Abhi tells her and starts to go she holds his hand and shakes her head. "No, please don't go, I am scared. You stay here with me. I don't want you to be away from me even for a minute. I am so scared, Abhi", Akshara whispers.

"Baby you don't need to be scared I am with you at every step. I am just going to call Ma and Bhabhi, then we will go to the hospital to bring our junior into this world", he tries to cheer her up.

He kisses her head and went to call his family. He knocked hard at his mother's door, followed by his bhabhi's door. They open the door and look at his scared face. He spoke "Ma Akshu's water broke. Please come with me, she is so scared right now", everyone is shocked and started running toward Abhi's room.

They reach their room and look at Akshu laying on her side holding her stomach, breathing harshly, sweat beads tickling on her forehead. Abhi runs towards her and holds her hand, "Breathe Baby, breathe in and breathe out.", Abhi whispers in her ears. She calms down after some seconds. His mother runs to the washroom and brings out the cold compress puts on her neck to relieve her.

"Abhi it's like someone is twisting my stomach from the inside and it's just my first contraction. What happens ahead", Akshu said in a small voice.

"Akshu, tu na tension mat le beta sab sahi hoga. Tu bas kanhaji pe bharosa rakh woh sab sahi krenge and dekhna kuch hi time mai humara ladoo humare pass hoga", Manjari said calmly and caressed her hair.

"Ha Akshara tum hospital jaoo mai aur chachi tumhara hospital bag ready kr dete hai. Tumhare baby ko apne mummy papa se milne ki bait jaldi hai", joked Shefali trying to lighten Akshara's mood.

Abhimanyu helps her stand up. Shefali and Manjari hug her and encourage her. Abhimanyu picked her up and takes her to the car. Harsh goes to the driver's seat and Mahima slides beside Abhimanyu and Akshara. Akshara had one more contraction in the car. They quickly reach the hospital. Abhimanyu lifted her and went to the labour room.

There Akshara was attached to several pieces of equipment. The nurses measured her blood pressure and did all the preliminary tests. The doctor came and check her cervix. "Akshara, you have dilated to 4cm already and I believe it will accelerate further soon since your water broke down. Do you notice any signs of labour, are you having any pains?", Doctor asked Akshara.