MYRA

A/N This is closely related to the plot. I have read some tweets regarding the current situation on Twitter and thought why not write an OS on it. This is solely my imagination. Thank you, guys, for all the comments and votes. I really appreciate them. they really encourage me to write more.

Abhimanyu served poha for breakfast to the Sharma family, and surprisingly Akshra ate it without any fighting or tantrums. She didn't argue with him during the breakfast table, which has become a norm for them. Abhimanyu would not accept it in front of anyone, but he really enjoys these banters. It is like they are back in time; where they do these silly banters. The homestay in Kasauli takes Abhi back to the best times he had with her.

But today something is off with her. She is doing everything mutely. From the morning she didn't touch her books, didn't get Abhir ready for school, didn't even prepare breakfast for the family, and most surprisingly she is silent from the morning. Abhimanyu knew something is off, he wants to know if she is alright or not, he knows she will not answer him if he asked any questions from her. He has to think of some other way to know about her problems.

"Abhimanyu, are you free right now", asked Akshra in a very low voice? Abhimanyu jerked away from his thoughts.

"Yes, I am free, what's the matter, are you alright Akshra"? asked very concerned Abhimanyu.

"I am fine, can you come with me, I want to take you somewhere with me." She asked him.

"Ya sure, let's go", he went with her. He walks with her slowly. She did not talk, he tried to initiate the conversation with her, but she did not respond. She is in her own world. They stop outside a big garden. It looks like the Udaipur garden where they planted a tree on her birthday. She stopped beside a big tree, it was a bougainvillea flowers tree, akshu's favorite flower. On the side of the tree, a nameplate with MYRA written on it.

"I planted this tree 6 years back in memory of our daughter", said Akshu silently. Abhi stood still on hearing our daughter from her mouth.

"Mai humesha yhi sochti thi ki one of the twins was girl, so when Abhir was born, I came here and planted the tree in the memory of our daughter MAYRA. I don't know when, but I decided to name her that", Said Akshra sullenly. Abhimanyu is silent now; how can he tell her he always wonders the same thing. He always thought about his own daughter who looks and behaves just like Akshra did.

"Abhimanyu, agar humari beti hoti toh who kaisi dikhati, meri tarah ya tumhari tarah. Abhir ke physical features and habits are just like you; kya Mayra mere jaise dikhati." Akshara mused loudly. Her question threw Abhimanyu off guard.

"Who bilkul tumhari tarah dikhati, I am sure. Tumhari tarah hi naughty hoti, cutest baby in the world hoti, and I think who tumhari tarah singing bhi krti, kyuki hum dono baap-betu ki singing ko tum ache se janti ho na", Abhimanyu said while laughing. Listening to him Akshra also laughs.

"Ha, pta hai mujhe kitna acha gate toh tum log, I am happy at least mere ek bache mai toh mera talent hai, nhi toh Abhir ki singing sunke toh"... she stops in the mid and shudders.

Both of them laughed, but stop suddenly remembering their daughter is not with them. A quick tear rolls down her cheeks. "Why is she not with us Abhi, why always we have to suffer". "Why can't I hold her, why???", she questions him. He has no answer to her questions. He is in the same boat as her. She at least has Abhir with her, he has no one. For the past 6 years, he has been mourning both of his kids. Blaming himself for losing his kids, suffering nightmares, and anxiety from the past many years.

"I am sorry Abhimanyu; I am really sorry. I didn't realise how you are dealing with the loss of kids. At least I have Abhir with me, but you are all alone. I should have told you about Abhir, I have no right to take him away from you, I should have included you during his all special moments" said Akshra while crying bitterly. Abhimanyu is stunned he never imagined Akshra will say this to him. Tears which he had been hiding till now started flowing at a rapid pace.

"Whenever I come here to feel the presence of Mayra, I thought about you. I wanted to tell you about Abhir, wanted him to meet you, and know you; but every time your words came to my mind. They stop me from doing anything. Whatever you said, Arohi and Manjari Aunty said on that day comes to my mind. I always thought you will take him away from me, you already hated me I don't want you to snatch Abhir from me also. I am sorry, I hid about Abhir from you, but I am scared; so scared. Abhir becomes my reason for living, he is the only person in this world who does not hate me and doesn't believe I am a curse of their lives. I just don't want to lose him". Akshu said crying.

Abhimanyu did not know what to say. He is angry with Akshra for hiding the truth about his son from him, for 6 years he mourned his child who is healthy and living in the world. But he will never take Abhir away from her. Whatever he said, he should not say that he knows that. He should never use Sirat Aunty's death in front of her, he should try to make his mother understand. But he failed in doing any of these things. And because of that, he lost the 6 golden years of his son's life.

"I can never forgive you Akshra for hiding the truth from me, I should have known about Abhir the moment you got to know about him. I know I am at fault too, I should have listened to you, should be there for you and I am sorry I am not there. But believe me, if you tell me about him, I will move heaven and earth for both of you. I will never take him away from you. You are an exceptional mother; you have raised him with such poise and dignity. I am in awe of you. Nobody can take him away from you; if we have tried harder... you know na kid needs both the parents, you should not give my position to someone else".

"But all of these are the things of the past, we can argue our whole life who is right or who is wrong. We have two ways, first to fight our whole life who is responsible for this debacle, and the second way is to move forward leave the past behind and do what is best for our kid. Right now, he is small, we can make him understand things easily, and explain him our circumstances. He is an understanding kid. He will definitely understand our predicament. I know he will be angry with us and throw certain tantrums, but he will definitely come around. You have raised an exceptional kid, trust him and tell him the truth". Abhimanyu's words bring hope for Akshu.

He is right she should tell Abhir about Abhimanyu being his father, not Abhinav. She did not want Abhir to have the same identity crisis 

she suffered in the past. Her past should not repeat. Her son deserves to know the truth.

"You are right Abhimanyu; we will tell Abhir the truth. I don't want Abhir to suffer from the identity crisis that I suffered in the past. I don't want him to know the truth from someone else, we can explain him better. And I am sure he will understand us. I also want to tell him about Myra, he should know about her. He should know she sacrificed her life, to save the life of her brother" Akshu said while crying.

"Yes, you are right. We should tell him; he should know these things from us." Abhimanyu agreed with her.

The breeze started blowing; trees are moving, and flowers of the bougainvillea are shedding, creating a very pleasant scenario. It is like their daughter agreed with what they have decided.

"Looks like Myra also agreed with us. I promise angel I will bring your brother to meet you soon", exclaimed Abhimanyu.

Both of them sat there for a long time lost in their thoughts, feeling the presence of their daughter. They have just arrived at the biggest decision of their lives, without any fighting or dissing each other. if they have communicated like this in the past, the situation they are facing will never arise. whoever said that communication is the key to keeping the relationship intact is not wrong. They just learn it a little late.