𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

She had always been that way. Ever since she transferred from America it was like she was out to get us, Sunghoon in particular. I had no idea why. I know he's my boyfriend and all, but he never stuck out from the others. He had been extremely shy, always to himself. Other than his striking visuals, nothing about him stood out. Everyone at the school knew we were together and was fine with it, everyone except her.

She'd go on and on about how being gay is a sin and that the both of us were disgusting. It never really got to me but boy, did it hurt Sunghoon a lot. Some days he didn't even want to get out of bed because he knew he'd get bombarded by her. We wanted to know what her problem was. Us being together obviously wasn't the only thing she was upset about. Why would she care anyway?

We noticed her always at the principal's office. It was extremely strange. We did see a resemblance between her and our principal though. They both have cat-like eyes, small but admirable lips, and a more mature aura. We thought maybe they were related. But if that was the case then that meant the two were conspiring. There had to be something going on.

We would look for clues every day hoping that one day we'd figure out why this school was so weird. Sunghoon was exceptionally passionate due to wanting to get her to leave him alone. We listened in on them one day before class started and heard our names but the rest was muffled. Maybe they were just talking about the bullying stuff so we shrugged it off and headed to gym.

We were at the top of the bleachers doing PDA but it was secluded, so could you even call it that? Anyways, we were cuddling as we waited for our gym coach who was fashionably late as usual when she came up to us. "Ooo, nice tie," She smiled mischievously as she caressed Sunghoon's tie lightly. He flinched at the contact before cuddling up to me more to get away from her.

"Awwe, is poor bunny scared?" She pouted dramatically as she held onto her backpack's strap. "Get away, Vanessa," I warned her as my arms wrapped around Sunghoon protectively. "Like you're gonna do anything, Park," She spat with her nose scrunched.

"What do you want this time?" I asked, her face instantly lit up upon hearing my question. "Daddy knows about what you've been doing. He knows you two have been eavesdropping on our conversations. He isn't too happy about it," She spoke calmly. "What do you mean?" I tried to lie but that obviously didn't work.

"Listen here, Jay. You and your little boyfriend here should be happy I'm not doing this separately because you two could die alone with no one there for you. If you didn't have each other you two would be even less than you are now. You should be thanking me because Daddy told me to throw you in the pond," She smiled passive-aggressively as she got closer and closer to us.

"L-love, wh-what does she m-mean?" Sunghoon looked at me, fear gushing out of his eyes. I couldn't answer for she started to demand us to stand up.

"Stand up," She started but neither of us budged. "I said, stand up," She gritted her teeth. No movement. "Stand up," goddamn it!" She yelled, making the both of us flinch. "Wh-at are you gonna do?" Sunghoon quietly asked.

"Why don't you find out?" She replied before pulling him by the tie onto his feet. "Hey! Let him go!" I shouted at her as I stood to my feet. "Good, puppy," She patted my head before pushing the both of us together.

"You might wanna hold on tight!" She smiled excitedly as she made us hug each other. "It's gonna be a bumpy ride!" And before the both of us knew it, we came tumbling down the bleachers. It felt as if we were getting constantly hit by hammers, the worst when we hit our heads. We soon found our way to the ground, too weak to move as bones were broken and blood spilled out of us.

"I love you," Is all I could manage before it all went black.

a/n note!!: look at me coming through with the early updates!! hope you enjoyed!! and do you like the new cover?? i personally love it!! hope you're doing well!
May 🌷